Does anyone recognize this hill? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
0525201511b.jpg

I found its trailhead off 50W, opposite the Canon City prison entrance.
Would like to make it to the top and see what's beyond. Unless someone knows it's not worth it.
Disregard the arrows. Overwrote the original pic file when I saved this version showing how far I made it up on last trip out (red) and the trail that leads to the hill (black).
It is deceptively not-steep in this pic. Looking closely tho, you can see there are few if any winch points. There's 15* roll to the mountain side minimum. Missed the inside walls (left side) by inches backing down. The hill just above the red arrow is 35* vertical at least. With loose, shale-type rocks.
Or maybe I'm just a noob. You decide!

p.s. - if I am a noob, pm me. But it's 'scahry' to me. lol

Looks like something I would rip up on my ADV bike, but not my cruiser...way too steep. What truck do you have?

Looks like something I would rip up on my ADV bike, but not my cruiser...way too steep. What truck do you have?
93 3xl 80. My last attempt was on 30's and vintages u'js. I'm now on 33s and rear shaft u/js are new. I think just the hill above the red arrow would give the greatest grief to anyone. Should probably just walk it to see if it just goes any further than the top of the hill.

93 3xl 80. My last attempt was on 30's and vintages u'js. I'm now on 33s and rear shaft u/js are new. I think just the hill above the red arrow would give the greatest grief to anyone. Should probably just walk it to see if it just goes any further than the top of the hill.
Hopefully the bigger tires and new joints help out the next time you try it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom