Does anyone have an axel socket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thekitchensink

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone have a 54mm Axel socket I could rent? I'm replacing my brakes and no store near me carries the massive socket. I'm in Lilburn/Norcross...but I can drive a little if you're not too far away.

Last edited:
It turns out that I have Birfield Soup. Yippie skippy...

Yes! It was good to meet you at Costco today.

The swing out arm is by Summit Cruisers (@SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr ). Good guy, good work. He’s running a 35” on his swing out, so you shouldn’t have an issue.

@vubuilt I have the swing out kit in the box, and may be interested in selling it. Thought I was going to have time to put it together, but work/kids is keeping me from getting to it.

Op Sorry to thread jack! Hope you're on your way to dealing with that axle!!

No worries!
I think I’m going to wimp out and take it to a shop. I just don’t have the time with school and work.

You might be able to tackle one side at a time to make it a little easier. It’s really not a tough job to do, it’s just messy. Especially when your birds are full of gear oil. But unless you are taking it to a janky shop, you are gonna probably end up paying an arm and a leg, hence doing it yourself the right way.

Oh I’d love to do this myself. But with the lack of time, resources, and a good space to do it (most repairs I do are done in the street where I live), I think it’s wiser to let a shop take care of it. I’d love to take it to ACC, but last time I checked they have a wait list.

Has anyone dealt with ToyoTechs in Chamblee?

Toyotechs is awesome, Clark Howard takes his car there. Nice people reasonably priced. I have had work done there before.

I have a socket you can borrow if you still need one.

I am in east cobb

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom