Dobinsons 3 inch Progressive / Flexi coil review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry if I missed this, but was the hub to flare measurement ever taken and posted?

I'd be interested in the final ride height of these springs

I don't believe I ever took a measurement. Somewhat subjective due to everyone having a different complement of gear and my not having fender flares. I do however know the weight of the vehicle. If I remember tomorrow I will grab some measurements for you.

Any update on the adjustable MRR’s ?

Not available yet last time I checked with @David Otero .

I don't believe I ever took a measurement. Somewhat subjective due to everyone having a different complement of gear and my not having fender flares. I do however know the weight of the vehicle. If I remember tomorrow I will grab some measurements for you.

thanks, I just want to be sure in my head whether I should look at 3" or 4" springs.

Now if we could get some specs on these like free height that would be great.

Install is pretty straight forward. If you have swaybars, disconeect them. Also go rent a Mchpherson style spring compressor unless you like to scratch and dent your springs into place. Once everything was in place I could tell the rear had come up slightly and the front "appeared" the same to me. Here's a good shot of the load rate on the front. About enough room to slide a few playing cards in between those top two. View attachment 1420082 View attachment 1420083 The best shot I could get of the rears. They are not settled into the ride rate nearly as much as the front. However, this was taken before I put the spare tire back on. View attachment 1420084 The green really isn't that bad color wise, I'm starting to get used to it.View attachment 1420087 I know these aren't the best quality photos I've taken. However, its cold and dark here in Kansas, so we are gonna make do until I get out someplace sunnier or the weather changes. I will update with driving impressions here shortly.

Its worth mentioning that David, the vendor for these springs, has been great. He gave me his honest thoughts and concerns when we spoke on the phone. He was aware that I was on a time crunch and needed the springs quickly, and he got them out as soon as I paid him. Also of note, the Dobinsons swag is quite good. The hat and shirt that was included in my order are of surprisingly good quality.
Are the top coils on the FRONT springs touching at the ride height? Coils should be settled by now.

Are the top coils on the FRONT springs touching at the ride height? Coils should be settled by now.

They've been settled out for some time. There are 4 coils in the top stack, 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd you could just fit a playing card between. 3rd to 4th has more room, maybe 1/4''.

They've been settled out for some time. There are 4 coils in the top stack, 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd you could just fit a playing card between. 3rd to 4th has more room, maybe 1/4''.
That is good news...because it looked to me that the FRONT springs were riding on bottom coils (top coils touching), while the REAR springs were riding on top coils.

Now if we could get some specs on these like free height that would be great.

C59-612V 540/550mm F/H
C59-613V 540/550mm F/H
C59-614V 565/575mm F/H
C59-615V 570/580mm F/H

hahahahaha
Here's the translation in the same order:

21.26"/21.65" ---- 3" front
21.26"/21.65" ---- 3" rear
22.24"/22.64" ---- 4" front
22.44"/22.83" ---- 4" rear

Last edited:
Wow... @David Otero you're the best.
I hope you don't get in trouble for doing that.

Guys I have a set of OME 2.5" (lift) mediums now mated with King 2.5 remote resi. I feel a spring upgrade might be helpful and have been talking to Stellarbuilt about a set of progressive Dobinsons. I think I'd need a bit shorter. Does anyone have this setup with 2.5" resis yet?

Thanks and happy holidays!

James

Guys I have a set of OME 2.5" (lift) mediums now mated with King 2.5 remote resi. I feel a spring upgrade might be helpful and have been talking to Stellarbuilt about a set of progressive Dobinsons. I think I'd need a bit shorter. Does anyone have this setup with 2.5" resis yet?

James
Dimitry at Stellarbuilt will take good care of you.

Another option would be 50mm Slinky coils. Those are 2.5". Kevin at Endless Horizon Outfitters in Louisiana can help you with those if you want to look at them.

Thank you @Box Rocket I'll look into that. Much appreciated.

• Dimitry at Stellarbuilt will take good care of you.

Another option would be 50mm Slinky coils. Those are 2.5". Kevin at Endless Horizon Outfitters in Louisiana can help you with those if you want to look at them.

James

I'm running the C59-614V (4" Front) paired with some Icon 2.5's. So far so good. I just installed the Icon's last week so no trail time yet. The Dobinson springs were a night and day difference in ride quality though after swapping out the OME coils I had (They were the J's). That being said, I had the J coils on for about 5 years and maybe they were just getting old? Not sure.

Bump

How's the dobinson 3"? Would you still recommend it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom