DIY Fridge drop slide (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey, I really needed a drop fridge slide for my 60 series because I couldn't open the fridge with a regular slide due to my diy drawers and the way the back door opened.

I would have bought one, but I could not justify paying 600-700 for a slide that was probably made for $50.

I think that I could do better if I made one again it wasn't the easiest thing to build the first time around... but it works quite effortlessly. It has no gas struts, but there is soo much leverage even with the fridge full there was no need.

I took it out for the weekend over some rough corrugations and 4x4 tracks and there are no rattles or anything . So far it seems quite solid.

The tools i used to make this were a grinder, drill press, and an arc/stick welder.

Any tips / observations are welcomed. I do have better ideas now that I have made it. Although I think I will keep it as is until I come accross any problems. It took me almost 2 full days to make this as I had no templates / plans...

Also my pivot points are just 8mm button head bolts with nylon nuts. They seem to work fine... but does anyone know better things for pivot points that dont take up room? like rivoted bearings or something? I just wouldnt know what products are out there.

Pictures are attatched.

-Cheers Steve

View attachment 888377

View attachment 888378

View attachment 888379
Hey is too much to ask if you have dimensions for the build? I really want to build one of these but going from the picture only will take a lot of trial and error. and Ive spent every spare second upgrading my rig.

Did you ever get the template done for the drop down fridge tray. I would like to build one for the kitchen set up. I would be interested in purchasing one.

Did you ever get the template done for the drop down fridge tray. I would like to build one for the kitchen set up. I would be interested in purchasing one.
I think this thread is dead Brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom