Disney trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have you guys ever wheeled in Disney, OK? It's about 90 minutes for me and about 2 hours from Springfield. It's FREE wheeling except for $5 to park your trailer if you have one. Next to Barnwell Mountain, it's problably my second favorite place to wheel. Would you guys be interested in checking it out? I know my way around there pretty good. Great place, great traction. Water crossings, hills, rocks NO MUD, something for everybody. Here's a link to my pics from there:

Disney, OK 2007 pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Disney, OK 08 pictures from outdoors photos on webshots

I'm down for anything. Let me know. There is camping and a full service shop FREE to use (hoist/welder/tools) on site if you break. anyway.......

I haven't been to Disney but Thad has. I would like to check it out. Lets try to set a date.

Thad, Pac Mule and I went to Barnwell Mountain Jan 15-18th. We had a great time. It's about 7 1/2 hours for us. Nice Park good event.

Thad and I are heading down to Katemcy for the Roundup March 18th. We went last year and had a blast. I'm sure this year will be to.

If we are going to plan a trip over, we might want to make it before the Spring rainy season starts. They use this area for flood control below the dam/lake and there is a chance it could be under 10' of water! This is only when they have the gates open and is very rare. I will check with my wife and see when I'm available. Sounds good to me let's do it. :steer:

Finding the time is always tough. Right now Marty and I are in rebuild mode for the Roundup trip. We are also trying to get in as many trips to SMORR as possible before the fall LC event there. I wouldnt mind a up and back trip though to disney. I think I have a new truck on the way and would love to give it a shake down cruise. I also know Justin is now living in Bentonville and we could possibly talk him into going.

How about May 1-3rd. I would be game for sure.
I would say April 3-5 however that wouldn't leave much time if the TX trip does some damage.

JT

We could make it a day trip or drop a tent either way. I'm open March 28th. Would that work for you guys or is that too soon? I'll be out of town over the 1st of May but I should be open April 3rd if that works better. Have to check with the wife. Let me know.

Last edited:
tornado alley cruisers are headed over there april 3rd thru the 5th...come on down and join us...it is a great time with fantastic wheeling opportunities....unless of coarse the rains come....the gates were open last year when we went and we still had a blast....hogans camp ground...great place

osagecruiser

I think that I could do April 4-5th. If you guys went down on Friday I could meet you on Saturday morning.

Wade, it would be nice to meet you face to face and Jacson it would be good to see you again.:cheers:

Well April 3rd doesn't turn out to work for me either. I have a lot of friends and family coming down over the next few months. The 3rd is my mother-in-law. :rolleyes: Asking if I could go wheeling anyway was a BAD idea. You guys go ahead though. There will be other trips. I have about 3 weekends in the next 2 months open so my schedule is pretty tight. March 28th is about it for me.

I don't know if 4/3 would work as I think the girls are going to be doing the MS walk that weekend.

How about April 11th and 12th for this group?

How about April 11th and 12th for this group?

Going to Iowa. That's also Easter weekend.

Here's the weekends when I'm available:

March 28th
April 18th or 25th
May 9th or 30th

If my schedule doesn't work for you guys, don't let me stop you. Also, when are you heading over to SMORR next? I'd like to make it over there and check the place out.

Last edited:
Here is an event thats there in April. I am trying to get everything put back together for the lonestar roundup in two weeks. April is always a hard time to get away as I spend quite a bit of time turkeyhunting.

I may try and get to SMORR the last Saturday of March with a couple of guys from Gateway Cruisers.

I am alos open to Disney but will just let everyone pick a date and try to make it last minuet when my kids schedules finish up for spring sports.

HoWiEpAlOoZa X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 10th Annual Howiepalooza will be held at Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch SMORR, Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch - Home on the last weekend of April 2009 .

I am inviting anyone and everyone to come join me in what I can only describe as the best kept secret in off roading . I have scouted the park and I can say that the facilities are perhaps the best I have encountered during my exploits in trail riding . I cannot say enough good things about the park and it's owners .

The event starts on Friday and the mandatory "Hog Roast/Bar-B-Que" will be on Saturday . I am told that the food will be prepared by a Bar-B-Que champion who doesn't cater but will do this event exclusively for us .

There are trails for anything from stock to wild and there are some trails that are still unconquered . Long hill climbs and boulder strewn valleys with waterfalls and excellent trails abound at this venue . There are 930 acres and several miles of trails .

I hope that you can make it to my tenth annual event and come celebrate my 50th birthday . I will have more information as the event gets closer and you can read some of the past history of Howiepalooza on my blog Howiebilt

Sincerely,

Merle "Howiebilt" Howard

Well, I've had a change of plans. My mother in law is not coming down the weekend of April 3rd now so I am hoping to get away Saturday April 4th to go wheeling in Disney. Would anybody still be interested? Sorry for my rubber calendar. :rolleyes:

Not a problem, I'm going down friday afternoon. I was going to meet up with the tornado alley cruisers. Justin

I have it on the Calender. Maybe it will work out.

If it does I will come in on Saturday.

Justin PM me with your cell # that way I can call you when I get there.

I will be over EARLY Saturday morning. I'll touch base with you guys closer to the 4th to see where you'll be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom