Diode Dynamic_XPR LED Reverse Lamp-R&R (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eighteen11R

1811SAR
SILVER Star
Threads
I really thought this would be an easy :banana: task this morning... 🤔 I got to the back of the tail lamp assembly (TLA) via the small access panel. I removed the reserve lamp socket and bulb. Replaced it with a new Diode Dynamics XPR LED bulb and tested it prior to putting it back into the tail lamp assembly. Good thing as I had to R&R after turning it 180* to get it to light...:banana:
Here is where things got a little off center line... In the process of inserting it back into it's housing and turning the socket a 1/4 turn, the new LED bulb fell into the TLA. :bang: I tried two-faced tape on the end of a rod and couldn't retrieve it.

I went to YouTube and found this video: . :banana::banana:

I got the TLA out and got the LED to finally come out and put things back together. Boy, what a :poop: Show...:rofl:

Did the side view mirrors with Diode Dynamics too... Tonight we'll see the difference I'm sure...:beer:

I've been in that very same boat. Damn bulb fell out and into lens. Last time I did that I only put two of the nuts back on. I just could reach the third one on the outboard side of the lens assembly. I did not remove the whole plastic sides like that guy did in the video, just the used the access hole panel.

And what's always fun watching is the 'mechanic' can feel the proper torque to apply to all these bolts and never needs to use a torque wrench. And in this specific case, he leaves all that loose dirt and rock dropped off the mat under it as he reassembles.

"Hey, what's that new noise coming from the back of my truck?" o_O

I just changed all mine out. Great product.

401218EE-8B67-4272-BDA4-292E128AF06F.jpeg

118D270B-EDA3-4631-81D3-85066C9F4064.jpeg

12C76DF9-C35F-400D-8485-C0061391B77C.jpeg

E160F331-C45E-4E1D-9EFA-86712DA0AEF0.jpeg

I'm very impressed with the reverse lamp replacements...😳 Our cul-de-sac gets together every Friday for a few adult beverages and I wanted some feedback from those less informed about LEDs and whether they are worth the effort. My daughter came out of the house to leave with a girlfriend so I suggested the guys take a look at her FJ's back-up lights. It was very dark as there ae no street lamps in our neighborhood. 🧐

She shifted into reverse and 💥 B A M 💥 Everyone including the wives were blown away by the amount of light these D2 XPR LEDs made. One of the guys advised I should have warned him, the night blindness they created was wild...:rofl:

The original owner had put some blue bulbs into the side view mirrors and I was concerned about the blue lights being reserved for the Police here in Virginia. I decided to go with some replacements but not too bright. D2's application had three brightness choices so I went right in the middle. On my daughter's return home, the guys all noticed the mirror lamps for the first time so I'm thinking they are looking great too.

👍👍👍 For Diode Dynamics

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom