Diff Setup Around CLT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ha, no worries @GLTHFJ60 ! Spare front diff came with truck. Contacted PO today who said he bought it but didn't remember from whom.

I'm going to go get the completed diffs tomorrow so will have more answers then. In the meantime, Kurt over at Cruiser Outfitters said that some 70 series rigs has HP 4.88's and so did a couple of mini trucks. I'm guessing I've got one of those two. Either way, ECGS assures me this diff is as bulletproof as any 80 and it will fit so I'm going to trust that.

Will post up pics of side by side stock vs. what I've got for posterity once I get to that point.

ECGS has probably the best customer service of any shop I've ever dealt with. They will stand behind their work and products. You made a good decision by choosing them.

If memory serves there were OEM 4.88 gear sets available.

I remember a few old threads in the 80s section that referenced them. 80s were never sold that way but you could get them in Japan from the dealer.

I don't remember anyone stateside ever ordering them since they were over 2 times more expensive than a quality aftermarket set.

You would have to double check old threads or ask in the 80s section to make sure though.

Just picked them up an hour ago. Really incredibly nice and helpful folks. Will get them home and grab some pics of this unicorn R&P!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom