dieselcruiserhead (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for 'dieselcruiserhead', as to what bucket seats he used for his FJ55

hope i am not overstepping my boundaries but as far as i know he used some out of an older VOLVO.....he has a fetish for those horribel cars.... :)

[quote author=NW-sickboy link=board=1;threadid=9104;start=msg79317#msg79317 date=1072149006]
hope i am not overstepping my boundaries but as far as i know he used some out of an older VOLVO.....he has a fetish for those horribel cars.... :)
[/quote]

I thought it was Saab's he had a thing for? ;)

Bastards... :flipoff2: Fell asleep way too early tonight and woke up 20 minutes ago wide awake, :doh: Sorry don't make it over here too often...

Yup Volvo...
Here are some in my old 40 from a 740 Volvo:
http://www.collegeinternetsolutions.com/cisautoweb/dtlc/whiteguy/DSC00404.jpg

And here are some in the pig, from a 240:
They actually look sweet all cleaned up these pics do no justice and make them look sort of nasty but they really are sweet leather seats:
http://www.collegeinternetsolutions.com/cisautoweb/fj55/pics_dec703/volvoseats2.jpg

The 740s and 240s use different seats, the 740 are a little more 'Euro' but both are some of the most comfortable seats out there; and they are sort of pimp. They have almost identical tracks so I think either could be used in most models. They were very easy to get into the 40 but sat a little high. I'm 6'5 so I was happy but the new owner I believe removed them. I basically bolted them to the stock FJ40 track. I can't remember if I had to use a welder or not but if I did it was very minor. The 240 seats in the pig were also pretty easy but required some fabrication. I used 1" square tubing to make spacers, and reused the stock holes on the outer OEM bench mount. For the middle I had to make a sort of bracket that allowed the seat to be bolted to it, and the bracket bolted to the floor. It took me two days but turned out very well. When I get better pics I'll post...

First real car I owned that more or less taught me how to change plugs, alternators, even my first clutch was an old 240 Wagon. I loved that thing to death. Also anyone who owns a Volvo knows how awesome the seats are...
Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it...

Sniff :flipoff2:

I'm with you dieselcruiserhead, my wife loves her 240 wagon. 400,000k and it just keeps going.Amazing how much stuff you can cram in one of those cars and they never complain. On a long drive it isn't a hard decision whether to take her car or my Bj60. Even though those seats look flat they sure are comfortable. Around town or on backroads I'll stick with the cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom