Diesel Badge Reproduction - gauging interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need an OEM badge in my hands to be able to accurately answer that question. Post for screws will probably increase the machining time and material which will increase cost but I'm not sure how much. I need the OEM part and can then sit down with my machinist to figure out cost for both options (3M adhesive vs. threaded posts).

I have one I can send to you Brad.

PM me your address.

I have one I can send to you Brad.

PM me your address.
I think @FJ73Texas was going to send me one but maybe I misunderstood. I will let him speak up here to clarify if he is sending me one.

I will send mine if you are ready for it. It is not a problem at all.

@bhicks The badge is on the way to your PO box that you gave me. It was sent out yesterday.

Obviously all grills are not created the same.
Mine doesn't have the badge attachment points. Double-sided tape for me. :)
20200628_103146.jpg

Well I don’t have turbo either so just diesel for me. :)

So here is an update on who is interested in the badge. Mine has been shipped to determine if it can be replicated.

If you have the same badge, I encourage you to take a look at the condition of your own and chime in if you want one. Great opportunity to get a NLA part replica, made out of metal most likely.

1. Onur
2. paul r
3. Odd Iron Offroad
4. Gun Runner 5
5. FJ73Texas (myself)
6. Uzjgasspowered.

I got the OEM badge in the mail and will start the design tomorrow. Should have a CAD image of it by tomorrow evening.

I’ll take one. I know how difficult it is to get a reproduction product off the ground, so I’ll chuck in 40 bucks towards a project like this.

Now I just need a truck to fit it.

Finally had a chance to make the diesel grill badge. I decided to go with 3M automotive badge adhesive for attachment and not the tabs. This allows folks who don't have the factory holes on their grille to still attach this. It will be plenty strong and be much easier to install. Just stick it on. I added a groove on the backside to recesss the adhesive so the aluminum badge will sit nice and flush to the grill. Here's some pics of the CAD design. I just sent the file over to my machinist who will take a look at it on Monday and give me a more accurate price range for mass production.
diesel 1.PNG

diesel 2.PNG
diesel 3.PNG

Last edited:
Finally had a chance to made the diesel grill badge. I decided to go with 3M automotive badge adhesive for attachment and not the tabs. This allows folks who don't have the factory holes on their grille to still attach this. It will be plenty strong and be much easier to install. Just stick it on. I added a groove on the backside to recesss the adhesive so the aluminum badge will sit nice and flush to the grill. Here's some pics of the CAD design. I just sent the file over to my machinist who will take a look at it on Monday and make a prototpe and get me a quote for mass production.

Awesome! Adhesive works for me as I don't plan on taking on and off obviously. As long the front looks OEM and it mounts flush on the grill, I am a happy camper.

Awesome! Adhesive works for me as I don't plan on taking on and off obviously. As long the front looks OEM and it mounts flush on the grill, I am a happy camper.
We will go through our usual prototyping process and get fitment perfect. May take a few versions to get it dialed in. I have a plastic 3D printed version printing right now that I will ship out to Matt for testing fitting. From there we will make the necessary changes and then make version 2.0 and beyond in aluminum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom