Did anyone actually go look at this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I spoke with the owner yesterday and am trying to work something out. Big thing for me is delivery. I do not own a truck and trailer so to go down and get it would require borrowing g/f father's truck and renting trailer. I have done it before and drove down to S MN to get one (6hr round trip) but would rather not go get it if I did not have to. Told the owner would give him some cash to deliver it but he pulled the I need to call my buddy who listed it and see if he sold it. I asked the guy who listed what is happening with it and he said to contact the owner so pretty certain it did not sell. I asked him how much he wanted for it and he said how much will you give me. I chuckled and started talking about the problems I have getting it. Conversation ended with me leaving my phone number and requesting he give me a call Monday night. We shall see......Pretty far gone but could maybe salvage some parts.

:cheers:

despite their ad, it's not a 73....72 and 73 were floor shift, this one is column....

weak t-case, worthless tranny, worthless motor, likely a junk frame, I'd be surprised if the windshield wasn't rusted, fenders junk, drums all around, coarse birfs...

in my mind, if you pay over $200, yer nuts....lol

I know it is mostly Junk but have a 70 that am trying to put together and this would help that cause out. I am mainly interested in the hardtop as currently do not have one for the 70 and do not want to spend 500 for one when I am not even sure how much it is going to be on. Also the doors, would really like to make a set of half doors but again do not want to spend 200 bucks for doors I am going to cut up. I agree it is not a 73 or 72 but like I said I have a 7/70 that I am trying to piece back together. Thing sat for 10 years so some of it is gone. brakes not hooked up, clutch not hooked up. currently can not get a spark but about 9 months ago I did and ran a little if continously poured carb cleaner down. Now I can not get a spark but need to trouble-shoot it a bit more. I do not plan on spending more than 200 actually 200 would be max....would like to get 200 with ride. I would be happy with that.

PM Niner in the forum, he may still have his hardtop laying around and willing to ditch, cheap.....

Yeah that was my thought too just do not know who would pick this up or why unless he basically gave it away and even then. :confused:

I thought about picking it up and parting it, keeping what I needed/could use but I know it would sit for a few weeks while I stripped it down and than post here to sell parts and so on and so forth. Probably would not have the thing gone till Christmas. :rolleyes:

There is one 5 miles away from me that I want so badly but can not get a hold of the owner. Time to take another note over there and leave it for him. Sucks though cause I really do not like waiting around and wonder what he plans on doing with it. If it is just going to sit why not sell to someone who is actually going to get it back on the street and use it. :confused:

Anyway just curious as to who bought it. Have a feeling it had to be someone on here.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom