Dewalt 20v not charging fix. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought a my old man a 20v Dewalt leaf blower last year just to blow out the back porch and garage. Was not used all that much but the battery would not charge yesterday. Charger would not even recognize it. Found a solution online. If a lithium ion battery in one of these gets too depleted the charger will not recognize it. So, you simply take a known good battery and jump it to the bad battery for a few seconds only and somehow it fixes it. The internet came to the rescue. Here is a link to the popular mechanics article on it, but there are plenty on out there. How To Jumpstart a Power Tool Battery and Bring It Back to Life

yes, that often works to bypass "smart" charger limitations. However, that also likely means the battery is on its last legs or the low voltage cutoff is not working well. If you don't use a LiIon battery much it is often said that it is best to store it half-charged.

yes, that often works to bypass "smart" charger limitations. However, that also likely means the battery is on its last legs or the low voltage cutoff is not working well. If you don't use a LiIon battery much it is often said that it is best to store it half-charged.
Thanks! That is very good to know. I have very limited experience with battery tech. Soon I want to upgrade my solar and electrical system on my truck camper, probably best to start learning the basics from a credible source.

Found a solution online. If a lithium ion battery in one of these gets too depleted the charger will not recognize it. So, you simply take a known good battery and jump it to the bad battery for a few seconds only and somehow it fixes it.
Same issue. Thanks for the advice, this is be very helpful for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom