Deutsch 2 pin to 9005/9006 adapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just ordered some STEDI 7” sport type-X lights. These look to use a Deutsch 2 pin system. I have an ARB bull bar without fog cutouts on my 100, so have my fog 9005/6 connectors available and want to wire direct from light bar to them, allowing me to turn lights on and off using my fog light actuator on my turn signal/light stalk.

While STEDI has a great customer service reputation, I did email and haven’t yet heard back from them, so asking here: is there an adapter that will let me wire direct from the lights to my factory fog light housings?

Just ordered some STEDI 7” sport type-X lights. These look to use a Deutsch 2 pin system. I have an ARB bull bar without fog cutouts on my 100, so have my fog 9005/6 connectors available and want to wire direct from light bar to them, allowing me to turn lights on and off using my fog light actuator on my turn signal/light stalk.

While STEDI has a great customer service reputation, I did email and haven’t yet heard back from them, so asking here: is there an adapter that will let me wire direct from the lights to my factory fog light housings?
Alternatively, if anyone has a dummies-level explanation for how I can simply use the fog light relay to control the lights (wired directly to battery), I’d appreciate it.

@1B1ChampagnePearl I don't know what kind of amperage the Stedi's are pulling but can almost guarantee its too much for the fog light wiring. What you can do though is switch a relay off your fog light plug.

You need:
A single pole single throw 4 pin relay and holder
Appropriate gauge wiring for the power to the relay and an inline fuse
appropriate gauge wiring from the relay to the lights
a pair of 2 pin deutsch connectors for the Stedis
A male pigtail that fits the fog light connector.

You use the fog light pigtail and run the negative to either pin 85 or 86, then the positive to whichever pin 85 or 86 that you didn't use for the negative. So lets call it negative pin 86 and positive pin 85. That is your switched power now. Hook your fused heavier gauge power wire to pin 30. then pin 87 will be the power out to the lights. You can run individual positives to pin 87 or you can run 1 wire and branch it. The Negative side can be individually grounded to the body or branched.

Forgive the crude sketch.

20240326_211046.jpg

@1B1ChampagnePearl I don't know what kind of amperage the Stedi's are pulling but can almost guarantee its too much for the fog light wiring. What you can do though is switch a relay off your fog light plug.

You need:
A single pole single throw 4 pin relay and holder
Appropriate gauge wiring for the power to the relay and an inline fuse
appropriate gauge wiring from the relay to the lights
a pair of 2 pin deutsch connectors for the Stedis
A male pigtail that fits the fog light connector.

You use the fog light pigtail and run the negative to either pin 85 or 86, then the positive to whichever pin 85 or 86 that you didn't use for the negative. So lets call it negative pin 86 and positive pin 85. That is your switched power now. Hook your fused heavier gauge power wire to pin 30. then pin 87 will be the power out to the lights. You can run individual positives to pin 87 or you can run 1 wire and branch it. The Negative side can be individually grounded to the body or branched.

Forgive the crude sketch.

View attachment 3592205

Thanks so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom