Desert Creek/Lobdel Lake Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BTW, US 395 is currently closed in both directions at Topaz Lodge due to mud slides. Hopefully they will have estimated time of opening later today. Worse case, a detour might be needed, adding about 25 minutes to our return to NV. However, I expect they will work overtime to get the road open for the weekend.

US 395 now open!

Last edited:
Yeah the scales in Wellington or some place close. Keep an eye out "around" that area. These scales not DOT any more. At least they look inactive. We will be going south on 829 to 338 for just a bit then going right off of 338 to dirt then over some cattle guards onto desert creek rd past the regular campgrounds up the canyon and over the creek crossings. Easy to see on the map Kurt linked. If you can't make the meet on Friday at 5 then just come on up the canyon till you see us. We will be near the intersection of Riuse rd and desert creek rd. We will have our radios on.

Weather could be interesting. Prepare for rain. Bring wood if you can. BIG FIRE! :eek::eek::cheers::hillbilly::rainbow:I will be bring a bunch.

Weather Underground says there's a 41% chance of brief snow out that way on early Saturday morning! I don't think my daughter will be swimming! LOL

Smiths sells it. I'm bringing mucho. It is in the garage drying out. Extra would be nice, but don't sweat it if you don't have any. If I look at the future cast it looks like it will rain Friday day and dry up in the later pm then hit us again on Saturday:confused:. Since we are all enclosed we should be ok on the way out. Hopefully we can get out and enjoy lunch at the lake rain free. Your daughter could swim but a wet suit would be the proper wear.;)

Can my buddy and I join you guys? Will meet you guys Saturday morning at the truck scales at the heyday inn.

Can my buddy and I join you guys? Will meet you guys Saturday morning at the truck scales at the heyday inn.

No one will be at the scales Saturday morning. We are meeting at Risue Road and Sweetwater Road on Saturday morning around 730. Scroll up to see maps and details in this thread.

Depends on how good your tread is I guess. Got rained on over Sunrise a couple weeks ago. No biggy. Drove slower.

80% tread on a set of Firestones. I’m guessing I’ll be alright, just never been on this trail before, so wanted second opinions. :)

No one will be at the scales Saturday morning. We are meeting at Risue Road and Sweetwater Road on Saturday morning around 730. Scroll up to see maps and details in this thread.

I see. We will be there if that’s cool.. 3 linked 80 series and a mid travel Tacoma..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom