Definitive led thread for 80s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I couldn't even focus on the words. I just stared at the pictures.:eek:

Great job!

SO now you can put a box toghether of all the goddies you used with basic instruction on where they go and how to instal to sell to all the good boys and girls right here on Mud in time for Christmas.:D

Center Diff Lock is a Type B - white in the stock configuration.

Slee's rear license plate light is a 5007 ba15s (single contact).
DSCF5304.jpg
DSCF5308.jpg

Last edited:
Mike,

How's the light spread with LED's?

Also, how's your projector conversion coming along?

man I've got to come back to this and order some!
half of my button lights are out anyway, so it seems a perfect time to upgrade to LEDs
thanks for the detailed writeup!

Anyone know what model the Alpine Scion head unit is? Toyota part number 08600-52838, HBTY501A. Internets said it didn't know anything about it. Mud search came up blank :confused:

The red lights in the instrument cluster are pink with the cool white LED illuminating them so I am going to try red LEDs to see if that helps.

Added the following to page 1.

Front and Rear Turn Signals

(4)1156 - amber------------------------------------------------------autolumination - Bayonet Item # Eagle Eye Tower 11led $24.00 (each)
Dual Filament 1157 - Front side markers(1157 not stock - only used if you have modified the side markers to flash) stock is a 194 amber
(2)1156 - amber-----------------------------------------------------autolumination - Bayonet
Item # Eagle Eye Tower 11led $ 24.99 (each)

Red Instrument lights - Brake - Diff lock - Airbag - etc. trying red to eliminate the pink looking red caused by LED white bulbs.
(10)Type 74 - red----------------------------------------------autolumination - 74 Item # Superstar Led Red 2.99

Slee Rear Bumper License Light
(1)Ba15s--------------------------------------------------------autolumination - Cool White - G18 Small Head - 15Led Matrix
$9.99

Ah! Glad you posted regarding the turn signals. I bought some 1156 & 1157 from SuberBrigtLEDs.com, BUT, the LED flasher that they show on their site does not seem to work for me:

Flasher Specifications

The "CF13JL-02" has the correct pin-out and does fit in the flasher slot, but does not correctly cycle. In fact it does not cycle at all. Has anyone had any luck with this LED flasher?

Mike, how many hours did it take to change out the lot of 'em?

BTW, very cool results.

-KK

Mike,

How's the light spread with LED's?

Also, how's your projector conversion coming along?

Everything works better than stock except for the Type A and B bulbs for the dash switches. The light is pointed downward and the label is forward so the light output isn't that bright at night but you can still see the buttons.

Decided on the Depot headlights for now. https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/231171-h4-h1-headlight-conversion.html

Ah! Glad you posted regarding the turn signals. I bought some 1156 & 1157 from SuberBrigtLEDs.com, BUT, the LED flasher that they show on their site does not seem to work for me:

Flasher Specifications

The "CF13JL-02" has the correct pin-out and does fit in the flasher slot, but does not correctly cycle. In fact it does not cycle at all. Has anyone had any luck with this LED flasher?

I have yet to figure out the flashers, just wanted the amber lights clear when off so I switched to LED. I'll post up as soon as I have the flashers working. I read somewhere all you need is a heavy duty flasher that can be purchased at any auto parts store.

Mike, how many hours did it take to change out the lot of 'em?

BTW, very cool results.

-KK

Post #25 page 1. About 5 hours...

Man, that's cool! However, I'd need a thorough lesson in micro soldering. Don't know how you make it look so professional.:clap:

I would just like dome lights that i can see things with when turned on at the lowest cost. Can you give me any advise on that? Not looking to go nuts myself, just seeing in the console when it's dark would be nice.

:clap:

The grill, the headliner, the rims, the new leather, and now this!!!!! My wife really f-ing hates you!!!!!

Nice work man!:grinpimp:

Maybe it was just the picture

But it looked like the light output from LED's were pointing in the same direction as the needles on the Speedo and Tach. did you attach them somehow to the needles underneath? Does it move with the needle?

It's very easy to forget how many bulbs there are in a cruiser.

Looks cool!

Dana

For a flasher/relay look for one that is "non load sensing", It should say if it is or not right on the package. Most all part stores carry them. Due to L.E.D.'s low resistance they act somewhat like an open circuit, which a normal flasher "senses" as a blown bulb. I have been running a "non load sensing " relay in place of the factory relay in my FJ40 for a few years now. Everything works as normal. If I plug in a normal relay the turn signals flash once and stay on after that. (I have L.E.D. brake/turn signals in the rear bumper and rear 1/4 panels).

BTW Very nice work on the L.E.D. conversion. That's a ton of research and hands on work. Nicely Done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom