Day trips to Uwharrie? May and June. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man, what a hot time. It was entirely too hot up there, even at night it was not that cool. And the darn flies at Badin camp sites are out of control. The host said they have not sprayed yet this year and probably are not going to with cuts in funds.

Wife got her first broken birfield on top of Daniel. I call it hers at she has never seen it happen before and she was the ones that locked the hubs in. Now she has approved me to put my 1978 model front axle in my 75 cruiser. That means disc brakes, Longs, and anything else i can come up with. Probably power steering also. What is really sad is, I had already gone to the top and was just backing up into a parking spot . With the front end locked and in a turn it just went. I should of known better, and i do, was actually a good learning experience for her.

Will post some pics later on after i relax for a bit and download pics.

day ride to Uwharrie on the 27th is on my agenda. Prob going to ride up there early from Charlotte with my buddy CIRBO in his D-90. Hit it early and be back in charlotte by 5 or 6 at the latest.

damn it, i was planning on going the 2 days before this, is anyone driving from eastern NC the 27th? I'm planning on going the 27th instead of the 25th now... more friends is always a good thing

damn it, i was planning on going the 2 days before this, is anyone driving from eastern NC the 27th? I'm planning on going the 27th instead of the 25th now... more friends is always a good thing

Leaving Wake Forest about noon on Friday (June 27th). Let me know if you want to caravan over. This is my group's default schedule (just a draft I put together for lack of other ideas being put forth)...

FRI 3:45PM Meet at Wolf Den Trail Head - (default cb channel = 22)
FRI
4:00PM Afternoon trail run - Slab Pile/Sawmill?
FRI 8:00PM Meet at Arrowhead Campground, site #049
SAT AM Breakfast/Break camp/Caravan to trail head (pack a lunch)
SAT 8:30AM Meet at Wolf Den Trail Head
SAT 9:00AM Morning trail run - Falls Dam
SAT 11:00AM Pick up latecomers - Falls Dam / 553 intersection
SAT 11:30AM Lunch on the trail
SAT 12:30PM Afternoon trail run - Dickey Bell + ???
SAT 4:00PM Meet up at El Dorado Outpost (fuel, etc. group picture, depart)

I think we wanted to hit Rocky Mount and possibly Daniel but I would like to get up with you guys. You on CB's while your up there??? if so lets pick a channel and see if we can get up. Sounds like there will be a good crowd. Hopefully it wont be hot as Hay-yell up there

I think we wanted to hit Rocky Mount and possibly Daniel but I would like to get up with you guys. You on CB's while your up there???

Channel 22 by default.

Realistically, how difficult are Rocky Mountain Loop and Daniel? Do people get into trouble on these trails frequently? Do the "go-arounds" make them reasonable?

Also...the first (only) time I was out at URE, other than what was pouring from the sky, there wasn't much water to worry about. Is that the case for most of the trails? Any water crossings to be concerned with? I don't have my transmission/differential breathers snorkeled yet so I have to be careful with water more than ~ 20 in.

The only other time i've been there, I was in a stock Grand Cherokee and made it around the entire Rocky Mtn Loop. Some major damage to mom's brand new grand though.. But it was worth it.

IMO, A cruiser shouldn't have too much of a problem using most of the bypasses..
But im definitely no expert..

Daniel is tough and tight. Rocky Mount, we watched a stock disco and a stock wrangler go up a couple months ago without much problem. its tricky but very do able and you can by pass the Kodak rock section. def a couple puckering spots but with the winches and other trucks you should be ok.

no water to worry about. a couple small mud holes but not even a half tire deep usually.

Thanks for the CB info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom