Dash swap on 80 (LX450) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Curious if anyone has replaced the top dash on an 80. The LX450 I recently brought back from SoCal is cracked and have a replacement. Also installing with new dash a 2-din head unit, CDL switch and RX300, heater switches in the lower bezel blanks and . Will use the donor dash and a diagram from service manual as a guide to find what screws to remove. Is this pretty straight forward? Any watch outs or tips?

Follow-up question on replacing dash in LX. Who in the KC area, body shop, upholstery shop, etc., would be a good choice to have them swap out the dash in the 80? Not accustomed to farming out such projects but recently took a new job that has gone from zero to 60 overnight launching a new medical device. Actually using the LX to haul this laser (actually not a laser but in that category) device around my KS/MO/NE/IA territory. Can't really afford any extended downtime on the rig so thought it best to give it to a pro to change the dash. With the new dash in, I can then trickle in when have some free time the other projects like installing new stereo head unit, heated seat switches (from Lexus sedan) in dash and CDL switch. Any recommendations on a shop in KC that would be qualified and reasonably priced?

Dash swap is a pain a lot has to be removed and chance of breaking the plastic parts are high. I’m in the middle of doing a heater core repair and don’t have the core out yet. I think am about 100 fasteners in... don't think there is a shop in the area that that experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom