Damn my luck ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KOWBOY

President
Threads
Website
www.elwoodwhitetrash.com
Woke up this mornin' from a deep sleep by a TREMENDOUS boom of thunder. Loudest I've ever heard and made me sit straight up in bed with my heart racin'. Car alarms started goin' off in the parking lot a few moments later. Electricity still on in the apartrment and I didn't smell smoke so I rolled over to try to go back to sleep. Car alarms shut off after a lil' while but couldn't get back to sleep so I drug my lazy ass outta bed.

Walk into the livin' room of my second-floor apartment and look out the big-ass windows down at the New Comp'ny Truck in the parkin' lot. She's sittin' there with the driver's side runnin' lights on ... and the windshield wipers goin'. Strange. :meh:

Throw some clothes on and head down to investigate. Truck's still locked up tight. Button on key fob unlocks it as normal. So far so good. Hop in the driver's seat and look in amazement at the idiot lights blinkin' on the dash. Windshield wiper switch is in the "off" position as they slap back and forth in front of me. Put the key in the ignition and she starts right up. No way to stop the wipers and the dash now is just a procession of messages saying to service this, that, and the other. Turn the key off and pull it out ... but the engine's still runnin'. :eek:

Reckon I figured out where the lightnin' hit. :bang:

Just pulled the ground cable off the bat'ry to shut 'er all down. Gonna call our leasing comp'ny and see where they wanna haul it to. :wrench:

:flamingo:

Least a tree didn't fall on it!

Did I say I was camping on site #17? I think I should have said #27 or #37 or...Trees falling, lightning striking, ...

Dam near 'fraid to go outside!! :eek:

Neighbors were up and about this afternoon ... wiped out the two trucks next to me too. :frown:

I was going to say something about offending the Cruiser Gods.....
but, what's the point?

Whatever you do, no matter what peer pressure you feel, stay away from chrome.
;)
Happy Trails! N

Waitin' on a wrecker to come fetch 'er right now and tote 'er down to the dealer. :rolleyes:

Dealer didn't sound to optimistic 'bout havin' 'er fixed anytime soon. :crybaby:

Reckon I'll be in a rental car for the Crawl. :meh:

Waitin' on a wrecker to come fetch 'er right now and tote 'er down to the dealer. :rolleyes:

Reckon I'll be in a rental car for the Crawl. :meh:

So that means you're not going!

I heard that b'fore!

...and before you start shooting crap on me!

I have not had the "YES" "YES" from my wife!

....That means no Crawl and No dodge!

I am screw!...but she said that I could come up to Clayton In November!

A smarter man than me would be doin some heavy ciphering about your luck by now.

I'm content to just sit on the sidelines and watch.

;p

Damn-fine lookin' rollback did indeed come and fetch the truck Monday and got 'er to the dealership. :cool:

Dealership said they'd take a look at it Tuesday. :meh:

Yesterday, they tell me they'll take a look at it today. :mad:

Burnin' daylight ... :bang:

Wait for it ...

A.jpg

WAAAAIT for it ...

B.jpg

BOOM!! ...

C.jpg

Now y'all know I do love a good survivor story that beats the odds. Kinda like Ol' Lightnin's done. As you recall, 5 years ago she got a bit too close to a lightnin' strike down in Ala-dam-bama and all hell broke loose electric'ly. Even though she was a brand-spankin'-new truck, the Chevy dealer wanted to total 'er out. My comp'ny wanted to total 'er out. The leasin' comp'ny wanted to total 'er out. But the insurance comp'ny wouldn't do it. Reckon they was right. :cool:

So she done turned 100k with no issues whatsoever 'cept reg'lar oil changes and a few sets of tires. Here she sits at work today without even a scratch. :smokin:

D.jpg

... and I just think that's pretty cool. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom