SOLD DALLAS, TX 1988 HJ61 Land Cruiser LHD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Hi Guys,
hj61 2.png
hj61 3.png
hj61 4.png
hj61 5.png
Going to put up my 1988 HJ61 LHD for sale. Time has come when I need to make a down payment on my first home and the extra money would make that possible. It's got about 230k miles on it and slowly rising. Turbo Diesel 12HT engine that runs strong and cranks up the split second your turn it over, 5 speed manual transmission, manual locking aisin hubs, factory 16" steelies coated, full float rear axle, and limited slip differentials. Truck cruises at 70mph with ease going up hills. Extremely torquey. I've been averaging about 21mpg on small road trips and about 19mpg around town when I'm driving it for work.
I bought the truck from Trlewis78 up in OKC who is a land cruiser nut like most of us on here and He bought the truck from Sugarbear up in colorado.
TR had a few things fixed before i received the truck. biggest thing the front seats were recovered with the factory style. When i got it i added a few things here and there to make it a little more appealing.
New Carpet Kit, cut out the few rust holes in the fenders and replaced them with new metal and on the rear did a little bondo work to fill a few drill hole marks made by the spanish/french owner that had put on taillight guards. New paint was sprayed last year with basecoat clearcoat PPG. Factory toyota white.
Added all new Bilstein 5100s to what appears to be upgraded Leaf springs all around. (I run 285/75/16s on it and i dont have any issues even getting close to rubbing anywhere) truck sits up nicely and rides firm. I had the transfer case rebuilt and cleaned last spring. No leaks anywhere on the engine, tranny or transfer case.
Tires are pretty new 285/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs (about 1,500 miles on them)
All electrical lights motors and gauges work like they should. The truck is a 24V system but has a 12V converter with a switch to run my radio and anything else that needs 12V. Truck is not a factory AC truck being that it was a European spec truck. I've seen several 12ht ac brackets come up for sale on market place but it would probably be easier to buy one from one of the Land Cruiser Yards that have diesels in their inventory.
Headliner could probably stand to be replaced if that was something that would be of bother. Cruiser corps makes some really nice ones that ive used in a couple other cruisers in the past. Lots of new lenses and 24v bulbs. Power windows and power locks all work like they should. real lift gate struts are strong. All the doors open and close with ease.
New ARB front bumper put on back in the fall. New roof rack was made from a gentleman down in Florida that i cant remember his name now (great build quality).
New roll out awning that reaches out about 10Ft. I've added a ton of other little things here and there that im forgetting about right now and if i think of them i'll be sure to mention them in the comments below.
Flushed and replaced all the Diff, tranny and transfer case oil about 2000 miles ago with Lucas. Since ive owned the truck ive changed the oil with Rotella 15w40 every 3,000 miles. One small puff of smoke at initial cold startup and it goes away after a couple seconds.
Some of the stuff that need noted is the rain gutter has these huge pieces of metal welded in that the original owner from france im guessing had put on for a roof rack support. i left these in the gutter because they were so thick i did not want to cut them out and possible get the headliner hot enough to melt. there are what appears to be some small rust bubbles around a couple of these metal pieces. Theyre not causing any leaks or sore sights but it is something ive noticed a couple months back. Also the 4wd shifter goes into 4wd with ease but it is difficult to take it out of 4wd. When the transfer case was rebuilt the gentleman from the shop said that the fork shifter for for the transfer case showed signs of wear and would probably benefit to be replaced one day so that may be why it is difficult to shift it out of 4wd. I haev mainly used the truck just as a grocery getter around town and to take on small roadtrips so the 4wd hasnt needed to be used much on my watch.
I have a few pictures with me that i will try and post up. I'll take alot of detailed pictures of the undercarriage, interior and problem spots ASAP. If y'all have any questions feel free to message me and i'll try and get back with you as soon as i can. or if there are any pictures of something in particular please let me know and i will take some close ups of whatever it is youre wanting to look at.

Was going to ask ($26,000 Obo) and i might be off the mark so the people who know more about these please chime in, if i am please let me know and i will entertain all cash offers.

Thanks for reading guys!

hj61 6.png

Last edited:
So
Did this sell?!
did this sell? i am interested in buying.
Sorry for the delayed response time on this. I've been out of town on vacation and got as far away from a computer as possible.
The truck sold about a week ago to a local guy just up the road from me a couple hours. Thanks for all the interest everyone!

Hi Guys,
View attachment 2320753View attachment 2320755View attachment 2320756View attachment 2320757Going to put up my 1988 HJ61 LHD for sale. Time has come when I need to make a down payment on my first home and the extra money would make that possible. It's got about 230k miles on it and slowly rising. Turbo Diesel 12HT engine that runs strong and cranks up the split second your turn it over, 5 speed manual transmission, manual locking aisin hubs, factory 16" steelies coated, full float rear axle, and limited slip differentials. Truck cruises at 70mph with ease going up hills. Extremely torquey. I've been averaging about 21mpg on small road trips and about 19mpg around town when I'm driving it for work.
I bought the truck from Trlewis78 up in OKC who is a land cruiser nut like most of us on here and He bought the truck from Sugarbear up in colorado.
TR had a few things fixed before i received the truck. biggest thing the front seats were recovered with the factory style. When i got it i added a few things here and there to make it a little more appealing.
New Carpet Kit, cut out the few rust holes in the fenders and replaced them with new metal and on the rear did a little bondo work to fill a few drill hole marks made by the spanish/french owner that had put on taillight guards. New paint was sprayed last year with basecoat clearcoat PPG. Factory toyota white.
Added all new Bilstein 5100s to what appears to be upgraded Leaf springs all around. (I run 285/75/16s on it and i dont have any issues even getting close to rubbing anywhere) truck sits up nicely and rides firm. I had the transfer case rebuilt and cleaned last spring. No leaks anywhere on the engine, tranny or transfer case.
Tires are pretty new 285/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs (about 1,500 miles on them)
All electrical lights motors and gauges work like they should. The truck is a 24V system but has a 12V converter with a switch to run my radio and anything else that needs 12V. Truck is not a factory AC truck being that it was a European spec truck. I've seen several 12ht ac brackets come up for sale on market place but it would probably be easier to buy one from one of the Land Cruiser Yards that have diesels in their inventory.
Headliner could probably stand to be replaced if that was something that would be of bother. Cruiser corps makes some really nice ones that ive used in a couple other cruisers in the past. Lots of new lenses and 24v bulbs. Power windows and power locks all work like they should. real lift gate struts are strong. All the doors open and close with ease.
New ARB front bumper put on back in the fall. New roof rack was made from a gentleman down in Florida that i cant remember his name now (great build quality).
New roll out awning that reaches out about 10Ft. I've added a ton of other little things here and there that im forgetting about right now and if i think of them i'll be sure to mention them in the comments below.
Flushed and replaced all the Diff, tranny and transfer case oil about 2000 miles ago with Lucas. Since ive owned the truck ive changed the oil with Rotella 15w40 every 3,000 miles. One small puff of smoke at initial cold startup and it goes away after a couple seconds.
Some of the stuff that need noted is the rain gutter has these huge pieces of metal welded in that the original owner from france im guessing had put on for a roof rack support. i left these in the gutter because they were so thick i did not want to cut them out and possible get the headliner hot enough to melt. there are what appears to be some small rust bubbles around a couple of these metal pieces. Theyre not causing any leaks or sore sights but it is something ive noticed a couple months back. Also the 4wd shifter goes into 4wd with ease but it is difficult to take it out of 4wd. When the transfer case was rebuilt the gentleman from the shop said that the fork shifter for for the transfer case showed signs of wear and would probably benefit to be replaced one day so that may be why it is difficult to shift it out of 4wd. I haev mainly used the truck just as a grocery getter around town and to take on small roadtrips so the 4wd hasnt needed to be used much on my watch.
I have a few pictures with me that i will try and post up. I'll take alot of detailed pictures of the undercarriage, interior and problem spots ASAP. If y'all have any questions feel free to message me and i'll try and get back with you as soon as i can. or if there are any pictures of something in particular please let me know and i will take some close ups of whatever it is youre wanting to look at.

Was going to ask ($26,000 Obo) and i might be off the mark so the people who know more about these please chime in, if i am please let me know and i will entertain all cash offers.

Thanks for reading guys!

View attachment 2320758
I know this thread is super old, so im giessing even though the post is marked for sale the vehicle sold a while ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom