Dakota Digital install COS or PUB Colorado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there- have a 71 FJ40 that I bought the Dakota Digital instruments for. Is there anyone in the Colorado Springs or Pueblo area that has experience installing that could do it at reasonable cost?

Check out Redline Land Cruisers in Colorado Springs. I know they can do it, but they are somewhat pricey. If worst comes to worst, I can help out and offer advice, as I am currently going through my RTX install in my build as of now.

What cluster is it, and are you planning on adding any extra BIMS?

Not sure what the wiring upgrades would need to be. There may be plenty on the mud forums doing a conversion. Maybe check youtube as well. I would think it could be done by yourself...but I kept my 70 old school.

Reactions: SAS
Check out Redline Land Cruisers in Colorado Springs. I know they can do it, but they are somewhat pricey. If worst comes to worst, I can help out and offer advice, as I am currently going through my RTX install in my build as of now.

What cluster is it, and are you planning on adding any extra BIMS?
RedLine is a great shop, but alas, not in my budget. I was hoping to use Get Wired, but it appears they are no more.
I bought the VHX with the extra compass/temp module, and the dimmer. I won't use every port on the VHX, because I know what gear I am in, and I know when I am in 4WD, so I don't need a light to tell me. There will, however, be some additional work. I have electronic TBI, so I would like to hook the CEL to the Dakota and eliminate the additional light on the dash. The turn signal lights aren't hooked up now, so I would like to trace the wires and have them work on the Dakota.
I work as mechanic professionally, but I just don't have time, especially since I am in the middle of another project.

Not sure what the wiring upgrades would need to be. There may be plenty on the mud forums doing a conversion. Maybe check youtube as well. I would think it could be done by yourself...but I kept my 70 old school.
Dakota Digital says it should take about a day to install. I have found that Dakota is good with technical support. And I am sure youtube has some good information. I am a professional mechanic, but just don't have time to do this right now, especially with the other project I am involved with.

I put a VHX in mine and it was simple and easy, of course it helps to have 16 years experience as an electrical engineer too:poof:

I put a VHX in mine and it was simple and easy, of course it helps to have 16 years experience as an electrical engineer too:poof:
Sooooo.....are you for hire?

Not for hire but I will help. If you have indoor space that will make it faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom