cut-outs in grill for lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone ever cut holes in their grill for fog lights? I was at lowes today and saw a drill bit that could cut a 6" hole... anyone see a problem with trying this?

I imagine using a hole saw on your grill would be like taking an axe to it. the plastic would rip, shred, and splinter apart.

hammer1 said:
I imagine using a hole saw on your grill would be like taking an axe to it. the plastic would rip, shred, and splinter apart.

YEA... I agree. Probably not the best idea. There's already holes in the bumper for fog lights.

Why? if you want them in the grill just mount them behind it.

My bumpers do not have holes for fog lights? Is that a 60 only thing?

Yes they do. Not big 6 inch holes, but holes for bolts to slide down into through the top.

Just putting lights behind the grill of a '60 would work great. If you want to light upo the back of the grill a least. If you want effective light on the road then that would be pointless.

I'd use an air saw and mark the hole I wanted to cut and then do it free hand. I cut plastic this way routinely.

I doubt that you could keep the drill steady enough to get a clean and straight hole with no grabbing (and therefore damage to the plastic).

Mark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom