Custom skid plate build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking to purchase skids, however, I then watched one of those visa commercials and thought to myself:
Plasma torch $900.00
Wire Feed Welder $500.00
1 Sheet of 10 gauge mild steel $186.00

VS full skid plates around $1000.00

Spending a whole day cursing at your rig...priceless, but think of how many more times you can swear at your own cruiser while you are fabing your front and rear bumpers or any number of other projects :bang:

Well the math made sence to me anyway :hmm:

Last edited:
Wow that was odd... well here are some pictures in any case.
IMG00124.jpg
IMG00126.jpg
IMG00127.jpg

And just a few more, it's amazing how many times a design must change before a project can be completed. Needed to adjust my shape a bit to keep the clearance and still protect the transfer case.
IMG00151.jpg
IMG00146.jpg
IMG00156.jpg

Here's one newer picture I will add a couple of more when I can take them without getting all muddy and such :grinpimp:

Oh.... The reason for reviving this thread is someone asked me what mods I have made and if I've made my version 2.0 yet. Well the great news for me is that my wife and I have finally found a new place to move into and it's just across town. The new place has a really nice shop as well as a double car car port with a tall roof so I can work on my rig again. All that being said I plan to have my improved skid plate built in the next month or so :cheers: I'm so excited to be able to work on concrete instead of mud, and to have my welder and tools readily available instead of in a Tupperware shed by my front door fifty feet from my driveway....
DSC06659.JPG

Very cool!! Building your own stuff is half the fun, let us know what you are up to next :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom