SOLD Cullman, AL 1983 FJ60 - SOA on 37s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Meet El Bandito. I bought this truck in July of 2018 from a fellow cruiser nut in Colorado. I flew to CO, paid the man, and drove it back to AL with zero issues. I bought the truck with the intention of my son and I having fun off-roading on the weekends, but we've done it once and I drive it 3-4 times a week. I have a 40, a 55, and a 100 and just have too many projects right now and don't need it. I don't recall the shop in CO that did the majority of the work, but the guy I bought it from knows Cruisers and was a great guy. I've seen nothing that wasn't done correctly since I've owned it.

The details:
* Runs and drives great, no mechanical issues.
* All I've done in a year is get the A/C recharged (air works great)
* 248k on the speedometer. I was told the engine was rebuilt at 200k. I have no receipts.
* Stock 2F engine, stock Aisin carb, all smog crap intact.
* Spring over axle (clearly)
* 64" rear leafs and 42" front leafs which spread the wheelbase 7"
* 37x12.50x17 BFG Mud Terrains. Rears are great, fronts are about 50%.
* 1.5" wheel spacers
* 4.88 Yukon gears with auto lockers front and rear.
* Bilsten shocks
* Marlin Crawler High Steer kit
* Marlin Crawler 1,100lb clutch installed right before I bought the truck (July 2018)
* 37" BFG AT spare
* 6' Trail Traitor roof rack, could support an elephant
* Pioneer stereo with bluetooth and hands free mic which is handy with a manual.
* Previous owner put dynomat under all carpet and inside doors to quiten it down inside.
* Front seats came out of a small minivan I think. Have arm rests and are MUCH more comfy than stock seats.
* Just replaced all 4 door panels with MINT condition used (original) ones
* Bedrug in the rear cargo area and on back of backseat. (PO camped in it with his family)
* CB Radio
* Various dents and dings

Needs
* Clearcoat is peeling in spots. Doesn't bother me.
* Some rust in rear quarters which was treated by previous owner so it hasn't spread.
* Tach used to work, then started working on every 3rd Monday. I have a replacement.

I work from home so I drive it around town to run errands. Truck is super dependable, as I said I drove it from CO. Always cranks right up, runs great. It's fun to see pics of this truck pop up on Instagram and get to comment, "Hey, that's my truck!" You'd be hard pressed to find a 60 and build it up like this for what I'm asking.

Walk around video here: or there's a link in my Instagram Bio (@RustyRevivals)

I have a LOT of videos when it was in CO doing all sorts off off-road shenanigans. Let me know if you'd like to see them and I'll send them.

I'm asking $9500. My cell is 256-735-3745 if you'd like me to send you any additional pics / videos.

IMG_1398.JPG

IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2256.jpg

How did the rig do on the highway back from CO with 4.88 gears and the SOA? Looks like the interior is an interesting combo of colors is the dash a dash cap? or did someone actually put a blue one in there?

The 4.88s and the 37s make the same drive ratio and the stock gearing and stock tires. Truck did and does fine on the highway. I don’t go over about 65 or 70 but it handles fine at that speed.

The front seats are gray as is the carpet. Door panels and back seat are brown. It might have had a gray door panel in the video. All door panels were replaced last month with excellent condition OEM ones. Maybe gray and brown are an “interesting color combo” to some, dunno. Maybe the previous owner wanted to switch it to gray, I don’t know.

It’s the factory dash and is black, not a cap and not blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom