Cruisin' the Carolina's (Logan' Run 2012) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was great to see everyone, glad nobody did any major damaage. I heard the 100's did well, too bad I couldn't take my "new" truck on dickie bell, yet...

Overall we had amazing weather, amazing food, great time! ONSC always does top notch events!

Great run......but not without some damage...hahaha

- lady that owns the Outpost dragged side of her car along the back of my jerry can holder. she waited outside for a bit until I came out after eating to tell me what happened and to offer to pay for everything. All I saw was a bunch of white paint where the steel side rail of jerry can holder dragged down her vehicle. She was quite upset and thought I was mad...told her I saw no damage and not to worry as it will get beat up one day on trail anyhow and I can just beat it straight if needed. LOL

- hit passenger side forward lower control mount again...those things always take a beating...might have to look into some armor for it and the lower shock mount like I had on my FJC.

- bessinger says I hit my rear diff but cant find any marks....but I did scrunch my muffler.....and the skid under my fuel tank..............and my driveshaft. Did not see the drive shaft marks when I crawled underneath last night...just the others. Today when I got up to 50mph through about 58mph it vibrates like hell. Figured either that was muffler booming against body....or something else...so pulled over at AutoZone in Biscoe...and saw the drag mark on drive shaft. LOL.....guess it was just enough to make it unbalanced....but I found that driving under 50mp or over 60mph made it almost go away until I hit 75mph then it comes back again but not as loud. Guess I will be pricing a Lexus drive shaft, Fleet Pride, or Woods....or see if it is small enough damage to get rebalanced. Anyhow...will be doing that soon too bad I am going out of town Tuesday through THursday...but will order what I need tomorrow. LOL

Texted Glenn but no response...he must be screening his calls and text messages from me. LOL

Otherwise...the LX did fabulous....DickieBell was all gnarly...everyone was having a little issue from 80 to chopped 4Runner crawler to Geo Tracker jacked up on 35s.........of course I walked pretty much up the middle with no spotter or help. THen feeling cocky went over a rock (big rock) outcropping that everyone else was going around.....and hence my slight damage. LOL

Now to price drive shaft replacement if cant be rebalanced.... and maybe also a new cat back exhaust...I see Doug Thorley just released one as did EMS Exhausts...for $450-550 for either.

:)

Cant wait until December...an hope more members can join us. Great to see everyone and that BBQBoy and Excessive made the trip up and had no issues on the trails.
I'm guessing what I saw was either the shock or driveshaft. But when I saw you hit, I cringed.
Dickie Bell was a walk in the park for you. I felt I did fairly well on that area, especially considering I took a line I did not want to take because someone yelled out to me to go left. I reacted and made the wrong choice, but , I committed and and listened to that dumb ass. My rear end kicked out bad once for some reason, causing me to get some scrapes, but, no biggie. Everything else was easy.

It was great to see everyone, glad nobody did any major damaage. I heard the 100's did well, too bad I couldn't take my "new" truck on dickie bell, yet...

Overall we had amazing weather, amazing food, great time! ONSC always does top notch events!
I felt like I hardly saw you. i definitely didn't see you on the trails and you were hanging out with the loud crowd at night. LOL!!!
I got to tell ya' Will. I am VERY impressed with the Hundy's capabilities. I saw a lot of built trucks having issues, whereas my 100 performed excellent in those same areas.

Well another Logans Run is in the books and this one was as good or better than last year. Thanks to ONSC for hosting.....and for everyone's support for another successful weekend.

Arrived without fanfare and set up camp around 3pm....as others rolled into Group Camp...I beat Brian and Heather so I got my old campsite along the woods again. :flipoff2:

Charity and her family got next to us and effectively blocked BBQBoy from taking up in the area so he went to other side of camp. I think his feelings were hurt that only my wife asked him to camp with us...hahahaha.

Anyhow....ran into Jamie from TRD Sparks at outpost and brought him to camp and delivered safely to area with Scott Shelly, David Benke, and FJ in TegaCay (Dave) near camp B.

Weekend weather was awesome, food was outstanding, entire campsite was full of land cruisers and people enjoying themselves. I even found an FJC at Outpost and invited them and they ended up participating with the group for the memorial run up Kodak Saturday afternoon through dinner and everything. Hope to see them again with the ONSC.

Here are a couple pics.....campsite....BBQBoy on Dickie Bell and another person I cant remember her name in Geo Tracker....her husband runs a chopped looking 4Runner with no top on it.

Cant wait until next time and hopefully more of our group will be able to make the Wintery Mix run in December...

IMAG0071a.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

Thanks to everyone that made it from in state and out of state from
Savanah Cruisers
Low Country Cruisers
Swamp Fox Cruisers
GA cruisers
Capital Cruisers
Upstate Cruisers

Thanks to all the sponsors and to
John Vee
Adam
Charity
David Benke for all the donated raffle prizes.

End total was 37 rigs and around 80 people.

Everyone had a great time wheeling, eating, drinking.
The pig was great and the raffle was even greater.

I'm sure the video the professional videographer made with all in outside truck cam, inside truck cams, helicopter cams, handicams will look great when it all comes together.

Sorry if I didn't get around to talking to everyone, between cooking/watching the pig, helping set up/take down the dinner and the raffle and watching my nephew I had for the weekend I didn't have much time for anything else.... only got to wheeling on sunday morning.

My one pic of my truck on the trails

223166_10151091422422875_325575243_n.jpg

Going to try and remember the raffle winners off the top of my head since I don't have the official list on hand.

Long Fields - David Benke
Metal Tech Cage - Adam
Mickey Thompson - Brian
Troll Hole Carb - Mike
Troll Hole Dizzy- Al
4" LED bars - Eric R
6" LED bars - Al
Master pull - Brian
Master pull - Eric R
Bushwacker flares- Johnny
Marine Speakers - Johnny
Guitar - Todd
Vinyl stickers - Quinten
Hardees certificate - Quinten
Swag Bag - Al
Swag Bag - Brian
Swag Bag- Eric J
Swag Bag - Parker
Spartan Locker - Brian
Rear End Re-build kit - Jason F

Please let me know if I forgot anyone or got one wrong.

driveshaft fixed.....waiting for shop to have time to install my magnaflow and custom pipe bend to get everything tucked up higher than frame rails all the way out... muahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom