Cruise MOAB? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering if anyone is going to Cruise MOAB? I just renewed my tlca membership a few days ago and was just wondering. I am going to be in Moab the 9th thru the 13th of may and see on the calander its the same time. I would be interested in maybe meeting some of you all if you are there. I will be at the slickrock campground. If you see the big black FJ 40 stop and chat. :D

wrong dates...cruise moab is 4/30-5/4

Thats what I get for believing what I read. Oh well I will be with a bunch of j**ps then anyway. I wouldnt want my fellow cruiserheads to see me that way. :-[I am planning on going back over memorial weekend also if I stay in one piece the first trip. :G

Ooo... :bow: Gemini Bridges....I had the opportunity to rappel off the canyon just NE of there, with the Bridges over the left shoulder. Windy at the time; however, absolutely kick butt view!

-H-

Is CM sold out yet?

Not sure if CM is sold out or not.

Were you rapelling for fun or for search and rescue?  The last time I was at Gemini Bridges I noticed the collection of bike helmets at the bottom.  Apparently bikers stop to check out the view and unsnap their helmet strap and forget.  When they peer over the edge to look into the hole, their lid falls into the abyss.  I've also heard that people jump accross the bridges,  :stupid:  Cool place though.

There's an adventure race called Adventure Xstream that's run up there, and the rappel is part of the course. I wouldn't do any jumping unless I'm well tied in... I've seen the consequences of a 250' fall. Not Pretty....well... pretty messy.

-H-

Go for it! The rappelling part is easy:

1. Double check your harness/rappel device

2. Keep a shoulder width stance

3. &nbsp:Don't let go of your brake hand.... :eek:

Plus, many of the rappels in races require a team member to bottom belay the next member (Fireman's belay) ..

-H-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom