Crash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's been years since I had a hard landing on the floor on a MTB ride. Races, rides, hucks, tricks in the parking lot, etc. Three years. Yesterday I did it twice. The first was a simple front tire washout with a right-sided ribs-on-elbow landing. The kind of crash that would have made John Madden say, "He'll feel that in the morning," but basically no big deal.

Then, while kind-of track standing on flat section of a long climb while waiting for the people in front of me to clear, I let my front tire get too close to the downhill edge. As in over it. I tried to save it and got high-sided downhill. My face landed on a rock. No lost teeth (although I felt one of them grind on the rock -- that's a gross feeling) but my nose took a shot and bled a lot. It was a little crooked, but pro because of all the swelling in my face and lips. That's the kind of wreck that makes you wonder if rowing might be a better sport

I ran over a small dog once and crashed. I only lost some skin but broke the dog's back.
My daughter hit a dog that was charging us last night. Scared her enough to being out some tears. I was just glad she didn't swerve.

Rough, no pun intended. Dog+bike encounters rarely end well for all involved. Farm dogs are no fun either, end up losing a water bottle every time. Heard some use squirt guns and ammonia for em.

My daughter hit a dog that was charging us last night. Scared her enough to being out some tears. I was just glad she didn't swerve.

I have had this more than a few times.

I intentionally drop post & get low if I can, and bias weight to go full toebox to dog-nose kick -if time allows.

A GSD was dumb enough to bark his way at me acroos his whole yard to my best work (IMO) - that dog never bothers me now even when I pedal caually past his yard with my own boxer either leading or trailing me.
He got a full 180* where his head on lawn was what hit 1st - (I almost thought I broke his nasal area, contact made my ankle feel shock) 😲

Mine behaves no matter what, something about knowing food/treatment/treats when home as a breed -I hear that from many owners who had theirs since puppies too.

To him, a bike ride he runs is a excercise treat, so he’s on top behavior - if he ever acted up, there’s a 30’ leash under the seat (I don’t trust him to be perfect).

——————————

But good on your daughter, teach her how to punt a mutt.
It happens alot, and a few paramedic calls were elderly/dog contact, bikes or not.
Nobody won on those calls. :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom