crankshaft pulley nut (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cwb

Threads
Anybody know what size the crankshaft pulley nut is for an '87 FJ60 2F? It appears to be 44 or 45mm according to my measurments, which is huge! I don't have anything in my toolbox nearly that big and I'm having a problem finding a store in town that has one that big.

All I'm trying to do is turn over the engine to find top dead center on #1. Is there another way to fine turn the engine without a socket? It's inset enough that I can't easily get a crescent on it.

Thanks for any advice.

I'm pretty sure it's a 46mm. &nbsp:Did you try looking for one at Sears? It will probably be a 3/4" drive socket. If you can't find the 46mm, try looking for a standard equivalent. I would do the math for you if I could find my calculator...

I managed to get mine off by inserting the socket and lying the breaker bar on the driver side (I think) frame rail. I then removed the coil wire and quickly bumped the starter. It came off, no problems. Just make sure the socket doesn't slip off.

I use a 1 3/4 inch standard. Or, you can try a monkey (pipe) wrench. That's worked, too. Or, if you are adjusting valves, do it with the engine running, like the manual sayz. :D

Whoops, I didn't read the last paragraph. Well, in case you ever want to remove the big nut, now you know. :D

1 13/16" works on my 75 2F.
don't bother trying sears. i tried last week and they did not have any metric that large. they do carry the 1 13/16 in 3/4 drive. they also have a 1/2 x 3/4 adapter.

to get tdc you can also rock the car with it gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom