Cracked head, why all used heads should be tested (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arcteryx

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.cruiseryard.com
Every cast iron head I sell gets magnafluxed before being rebuilt. This ensures every head is perfect and I have no unhappy customers. At 83lbs, shipping anchors is not cheap. I have sold countless heads and have never had a bad one, but there is always a first.

Example below is 61040 casting, a 2F FJ60 head. The intake valves will become spares , exhausts and the head are scrap. No cores for these, so once they are gone.... they're gone.

You can see what is involved in the rebuilt head below. I currently have 61030 and 61031 heads, which are 4x/55 heads CruiserYard - Search Results for "head rebuilt"

Completely rebuilt head, ready to drop in. These land cruiser heads are complicated and not all machinist know how to rebuild these properly, nor do they have state of the art machines to ensure the work is done right the first time. Fortunately, our machinist knows these land cruiser heads very well and has been rebuilding them for many years! The rebuild process includes:

• Putting the head in a oven to thouroughly burn off the oil and sediment that has been aquired through years of use
  • Magnaflux the head to ensure there are no cracks
  • Reface the intake and exhaust valves to within OEM tolerances. If needed, new parts are used if the valves cannot be brought back to withn spec and/or abnormality is found
  • Honing of valve guides
  • Precision 2-Axis CNC valve seat machining
  • Plugging the galley plug with a tapered bolt

IMG_1524.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom