Could it be a bulb or CDL problem? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was out riding today, shifted the LC into low, but the usual CDL light did not come on (I believe it is usually green). Additionally, when I turn the ignition off, then to on (when all indicator lights are shown (oil, check engine, front & read lockers, seat belt, etc), the CDL does not come on. If its a bulb, how is it replaced? If it's not what next?

Thanks, GP

You just need to get on a gravel surface and place the transfer case in Lo and turn to the right and left completely (turn in a tight circle) and see if you get any binding. If you do not get binding you shoud check the 4 lo indicator switch on the transfer case and the transfer indicator switch (both switches are the same part #)also on the transfer case under the truck. More than likely it is one of these two switched not working properly. Some on here have had success with moving the hi lo shift lever in and out of low for 50--200 times and it will start to work again. These switches when not used frequently get sticky and do not complete the circuit as designed so they should be excercised regularly. Hope you get it figured out!!!

Best of luck!!!

Thanks, CM!

The center diff indicator lamp does not light up with ignition key; only when the xfer case is in Low (stock) or the CDL switch is pressed (if so equipped.)

The ABS lamp will light with the ignition key and when the center diff is locked.
-B-

So, if the ABS light doesn't come on, and neither does the CDL light, the CDL is NOT engaged, corect? I checked the fuse; its' fine. I had not used the CDL for about a month. Last time, it seemed fine.

Is it concensus that it is probably the 4 lo indicator switch or the transfer indicator switch?

Do thse switches actucally engage the CDL, or just the indicator light? I'm not too concerned about the light I am concerned whether or not the CDL is engaged, as that limits use of the lockers, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom