Coronado Beige t451 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Before I drop cash on even a pint of $50 what I'm still not sure is the right paint, I wanted to ask...

1) Any tips on verifying paint code for my 71 FJ 40? The Toyota paint chart says T451 is the closest match, but every color swatch on the internet seems different (and way off).*
2) Anyone have some leftover coronado beige t451 they might want to sell?

I don't care so much about the expense of it, as I do ordering in the wrong paint and having no use for it.

*No, I can't find the color code on any of the plates... not near the VIN, not near the firewall, nada.

Final note: Why doesn't CruiserCorps carry this in rattle cans, as they do so many others?

14e6db7c275b33ddb2167abc08617b05_3000x.jpg

I was in the same position as you. Coronado beige seems to send the electronic devices a bit off as the paint weathers. Anyway, contact these people and you will be pleased.

If your 40 was originally a tan color it was Coronado Beige. It is what was offered in 70-71. A good way to match is to drop the windshield and see if the original color is there. If so there is much more light for accurate comparison match. This color is difficult to match after 50 years and not as common to find rest is that have been done like some later options like Dune Beige

If your 40 was originally a tan color it was Coronado Beige. It is what was offered in 70-71. A good way to match is to drop the windshield and see if the original color is there. If so there is much more light for accurate comparison match. This color is difficult to match after 50 years and not as common to find rest is that have been done like some later options like Dune Beige
Thanks for the insight! Sounds like there’s a great place here in Charleston that will match the paint AND rattle can it for me.

Once I nail it down, I’ll get a larger quantity and go to town.

Thanks for the insight! Sounds like there’s a great place here in Charleston that will match the paint AND rattle can it for me.

Once I nail it down, I’ll get a larger quantity and go to town.
Did you ever make progress on this? After some Coronado Beige myself....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom