Coolant reservoir question 85 pickup 22R (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I recently noticed With my 85 pickup 22R that the coolant reservoir is pretty full and my radiator is somewhat low . The truck is not overheating, coolant is not coming out of anywhere or overflowing , the only thing I’m seeing is coolant filling the reservoir and the radiator being low. I changed the cap already , and it’s doing the same thing. Is this normal and am I just overreacting or is there an issue somewhere ? Again the truck does not overheat and doesn’t skip a beat but the coolant filling the reservoir is odd to me . Perhaps T stat not allowing the coolant to flow back into the radiator ? This engine is fairly fresh and was sitting most of the time .. thank you

Also the radiator holds pressure , I can take the cap off after hours of it sitting and it will still release pressure

How do you know your radiator is low? Do you constantly top it off? Are you draining coolant out of your overflow each time and it consistently gets full again? Have you temped your thermostat housing or top radiator hose? I don’t trust the factory temp gauges. Pull your spark plugs, any of them nice and clean? Could be burning a little coolant.

I’ve only added cool
How do you know your radiator is low? Do you constantly top it off? Are you draining coolant out of your overflow each time and it consistently gets full again? Have you temped your thermostat housing or top radiator hose? I don’t trust the factory temp gauges. Pull your spark plugs, any of them nice and clean? Could be burning a little coolant.
Ive only added coolant once before , haven’t checked the tstat and the hoses are good they’re new , spark plugs are all normal and equal , no overflowing or leaking anywhere

Make sure the hose didn't fall off inside the res and the radiator overflow tube is hooked up to the correct side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom