Converting from 3spd to 4spd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pilot bearing or throwout bearing....you need both.

I'm going through my garage this four day and I'll find your bolts. I already installed the bearing when I installed that transition gear. I'd use your vacuum t/c since you have two already and you can have another as soon as I swap mine out. I have drive shafts but may need them. BTW, another AFD fireman has a 5 speed that he's selling. I've got dibs but I don't think I'm going to use it. Call me if you want details.

Sweet thanks man, yeah been doing a lot to get this process rolling for the spring. I made the decision to use my t-case, good to know about that bearing. I need to build a spacer for the pto gear since I don't have one and need to fill its spot. I talked to the guys at classic cruisers and they said the 3 spd tcase is fine for using. Probably just a little louder but strong gears. It's been tough to get a clear cut idea what it all takes from start to finish. But I think it's getting a little more clear. But I am out on the 5 speed, really don't need to go faster than 60. It's kind of nice to look at the scenery. And I don't have that kind of cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom