Contemplating abandoning ship (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't think I would buy any 20-22 vehicle based on what's been happening with parts and personnel shortages.

I've owned three Land cruisers over the past 30 years and during that time have owned two Porsche Cayennes and one Audi Q5. The Cayennes and Q5 were the worst built automobiles I've ever owned from a reliability and quality control standpoint. The Land Cruisers hands down have been the best SUVs I've owned. I'm currently driving a 2020 HE that was built before the China Virus hit and it's been trouble free with no rattles, mechanical or electrical issues. Definitely the best Land Cruiser I've ever owned. Everyone has a different perspective on everything. If selling it (and probably profiting from it) makes you happy, then do it. Personally I wouldn't take any opinions here to sway my decision. Do what's right for you.

View attachment 3009424

Soeaking of rattles… After beating on my 14+ years old 200…it is STILL…amazingly…100% rattle free once ai’m off the trail. Pretty incredible.

Last edited:
Soeaking of rattles… After beating on my 14+ years old 299…it is STILL…amazingly…100% rattle free once ai’m off the trail. Pretty incredible.
Two of my three LC200s were Rock solid with each having over 100k on each.
#3 currently has around 20k. Build quality is better than any of the high end autos I've owned.

Last edited:
Hi all,

After 15 mos and 6800miles of ownership, I have come to the conclusion that my silver 21 HE might not be worth all the marbles I put into it. As what is considered the "Best" Toyota product and exclusivity, that pride made me somewhat enjoy the first 12 mos of ownership. After the honeymoon was over, all the flaws are seriously making me reconsider. From day 1, the windshield made a tapping noise which I eventually diagnosed and repaired on my own. Now besides the weird trans shifting and engine surging?, the front and rear seats rattling is downright disappointing.

Recently, I thought to myself, for the value of this vehicle, I could have TWO vehicles instead; . A RX/GX and a IS/ES, a 4runner and a camry hybrid/avalon, heck even a C300 and a GLC.
Am I crazy or finally coming to my senses?
Maybe try an 80 or a RHD 70 series on for size. I saw a couple non-turbo diesel 70's the other day, a guy picked them up from port in seattle and was driving them home with his wife. I know this because when they pulled off the road so did I. I probably wouldn't have done that to a HE.

I always thought the 60 series had the perfect beach cruiser look. Being in LA maybe try out one of those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom