Construction help for my folks (Gaffney) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Green Hell Mustang

Designer, Hack Photographer
Threads
My parents are getting ready to do some light construction on their property and haven't been having any luck finding decent help or contractors. They are planning on putting in a horse shelter before the Winter. At the moment they are trying to get some concrete poured, but aren't having any luck finding the right person to do the work. Both of my parents are retired and getting on in their years, so they don't have a lot of energy to do an exhaustive search. They live in Gaffney, but much closer to Chesnee. I figured I'd put out this thread to see if any of y'all know of a good contractor or person(s) you trust.

Any and all help is appreciated. Cheers!

Maybe @NCFJ knows someone, especially with the horse connection.

I can ask the contractor that just did my house in Inman but they werent much help on flooring when my old house flooded when we were trying to sell

Of course there are a few in the biz here and may be willing to battle 85 to that side of the upstate.

I know that when Heather was trying to have work done at the shop in Gaffney it was a real PIA finding a contractor. I'll ask her if she has anyone. You will be hard pressed to find someone to build something stick built by winter IMHO.

We went with a heavy duty 20' x 20' steel run in shed in the lower paddock and the barn started out life as a 20' x 36' steel building. If you go this route go with the vertical roofing and heavier wall tubing. I went back and added a lot more steel to the walls along with angle braces before I sheathed both sides with plywood. Each building took less than a morning to install.

I know that when Heather was trying to have work done at the shop in Gaffney it was a real PIA finding a contractor. I'll ask her if she has anyone. You will be hard pressed to find someone to build something stick built by winter IMHO.

We went with a heavy duty 20' x 20' steel run in shed in the lower paddock and the barn started out life as a 20' x 36' steel building. If you go this route go with the vertical roofing and heavier wall tubing. I went back and added a lot more steel to the walls along with angle braces before I sheathed both sides with plywood. Each building took less than a morning to install.
Thanks @NCFJ , definitely let me know what Heather says. Whatever you hear from Heather feel free to send me a PM or post it up here. I think you are right, it's going to be impossible to have this horse shelter built by the Winter. What's sad is that they started looking for contractors early in the year.

I'll talk to my folks about a steel building too. I'll see how they feel doing that in lieu of stick built.

I have had a similar experience here in Greenville SC trying to find someone to do a 450' concrete driveway. I had several quotes but didn't get a good feeling about any of them. Finally found someone that looks promising by searching on Facebook.

You might try filling out the form on Angie's List, and let contractors reach out to you. Or I like Thumbtack better, because you can see results without submitting your info. But Thumbtack seems to have less results as they are newer to the scene.

I was a builder for years and never was a big fan of steel buildings other than commercial. A lot has changed over the years and I like them enough now to have two of them with plans for another 20 X 36 hay barn. Seems our hay barn turned out to be more for equipment, tack room and one stall with less than half left for hay.

No foundation is required, they are approved and inspected by the county and taxed as a car port :)

State line construction
704_692_4279

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom