Compatible HJ75 89’ Series Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

My Partner and I have bought our first Troop Carrier-
HJ75

we are super keen to get our rig on the road, but we need a few things first. We are building our knowledge on these cars slowly but we could use some help.

we are after compatible, parts for our Troopy. We’ve called a few wreckers in NSW and haven’t had luck locating the following-

L Passenger door
Front Grill + that little bar underneath + any other bits
Inner driver door handle
And anything else you may think of that we can pull from other year models.

I’ve had a look at the threads on here, but I felt like we needed a bit more clarification before going ahead.

thanks for taking the time to read this :)

Inner door handles are common with lots of Toyotas from that era. I think I got one out of a Corolla once. It can also be worth pricing that stuff up new - it's usually crazy money but every now & then genuine bits are actually quite reasonable.

Cheers
Clint

Thanks, for the reply. I think you’re right with sourcing ‘new’ parts. Considering what I’ve just been quoted ha ha!

Any thoughts on the door ?

Utes and Troopies are interchangeable except for windshield stuff and front doors uppers. You can also check used parts at least up to year 1999. Grills change over the years but all fit, just remember that you double check the marker lights stay compatible.
Mate that’s a big help- We assumed that the 89 was built differently to the other models, as we weren’t offered alternatives for let’s say “doors”. Therefore a lot of places just said they didn’t have it. Thanks for advice

Mate that’s a big help- We assumed that the 89 was built differently to the other models, as we weren’t offered alternatives for let’s say “doors”. Therefore a lot of places just said they didn’t have it. Thanks for advice
you might be able to get away with troopie parts all the way up to 2005 I think, when they changed the front end. Even then depending on what you need certain parts are still interchangeable.

you might be able to get away with troopie parts all the way up to 2005 I think, when they changed the front end. Even then depending on what you need certain parts are still interchangeable.
At first look I assumed just as much- thanks for your reply too, it’s opened up a lot more pieces

Thanks, for the reply. I think you’re right with sourcing ‘new’ parts. Considering what I’ve just been quoted ha ha!

Any thoughts on the door ?

I have heard of people swapping over the upper sections of the doors but to me it looks like some fairly precise welding would be required to pull that off nicely.

Cheers
Clint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom