Compact Lava Rock Barbeques (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The regulator on my cheap, $16.95 double-wide propane barbeque gave up the ghost after almost 20 years. The barbeque uses lava rocks and is about 20 inches wide by 10 inches deep by 10 inches high when set up.

Looks like lava-rock fired barbeques are not to be found. Has anybody seen one at a store lately and if so, which store??

(Really only need a single-wide model, just enough for a burger and a couple of hot dogs.)

Have not seen those in a long time with the lava rocks.

I had a Sunbeam propane one I have used for over 15 years, and I just pulled the trigger on this nice propane instant ignition model after seeing it posted over at fjcruiserforums site.
Amazon.com: Weber 1520 Propane Gas Go-Anywhere Grill: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Just got it Friday via Amazon, and cooked on it yesternight.
They have what they call a "Flavorizer" piece of metal in there, seems to do the trick.
I bought the hose extension so I could use a bulk bottle with it.
My old hose for the Sunbeam barbecue would not work with the new barbecue.
The reviews for this Weber Go Anywhere Grill are very good too.

weber2.jpg

Your grill is just about the same size as the one I have with the lava rocks. Nice tablecloth too. A barbeque without a red-and-white checkered tablecloth is just not a barbeque.

The wife claims that one has to clean the newer types after every use. Ones with lava rocks are, as far as I'm concerned, self-cleaning. Other than grease on the lid (after 15-20 years) I've never cleaned the body, just replaced the rocks and scrubbed the grill.

The flavorizor thing gets drippings on it, but I do not think you clean it, it adds to the flavor.
I never cleaned the old Sunbeam one.

That tablecloth and a blue one just like it are probably 40 years old or more.
My parents brought them along when we went camping back in the 60s early 70s.
I use the blue one to this day for camping.

Used the Weber again tonight, I really like it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom