Common tire wear? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
My front tires appear to be somewhat more worn on the ouside 1/4 of the tread, very equally on both sides. Is this a common wear area on the IFS 100s? or am I looking at alignment issues? The wear isn't that pronounced, but enough for me to notice with my Cruiser Eye.

I am having the same tire wear issue on my passenger front tire. Last year I had tightened up my torsion bars to level the LC ride height and I am starting to think that my tire wear problem could be from the torsion bar tightening. Did you or anyone else make any suspension adjustments?

Is your tire pressure right? Sounds like a little more pressure might even out the wear.

Alignment. I've got around 45,000 on my Revo's and they are as even as possible at that mileage. I'm running around the same pressures as 2000TLC, ~36psi.

If it was low tire pressure I would think you would see equal wear on both the inside and outside tread. I had the same wear pattern showing up on my revos after I adjusted the torsion bars to compensate for the new sahara bar.

Rotated the tires and got the front end aligned. No further issue with uneven tire wear.

I also run ~42 psi in mine, the Dunlops liked that pressure on other vehicles. It may be alignment, but it's REALLY minor and only showed up after the crappy LTX's (sorry to those who like them) wore so badly.

The passenger front on our LX 470 wears faster on the outside. When you look at the vehicle from the front, it appears this tire leans out at the top. Is the camber adjustable on the front of a 100? How? Thanks.

Yes, the camber is adjustable but the same adjustment cams change the caster. Go to a qualified alignment shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom