Colorado Passes - LC 200 Stock (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

plus side is the property taxes in Colorado are a fraction of Illinois. If I could forgo $15k of my annual property taxes I could afford a lot more home…
When I moved from MD to CO, I was so hyped about the significant reduction in Property Tax (like a third the cost). I then learned about the cost of Fire Insurance :(

When I moved from MD to CO, I was so hyped about the significant reduction in Property Tax (like a third the cost). I then learned about the cost of Fire Insurance :(
D’oh

Just did Pearl Pass over to Taylor Pass today.

• Pearl was not too bad, however on the way down (towards Aspen), it started raining pretty hard, which made the descent pretty sketchy. Still a small patch of snow up top to navigate, but it was only like 50 feet long, 6" deep with a track already worn in.
  • Taylor was a mutha. I used every piece of armor on my truck multiple times (bumpers, skids, sliders). Boulders everywhere. Not sure i'd do that one solo again. NOTE: they rerouted the creek crossing. It's not as described in the Fun Trek's book. It was still hard, but I heard it is now easier than before (accroding to others I met on the trail).

Long day 9 hours door to door with maybe a total of 15min stopped time.

Last edited:
Just did Pearl Pass over to Taylor Pass today.

• Pearl was not too bad, however on the way down (towards Aspen), it started raining pretty hard, which made the descent pretty sketchy. Still a small patch of snow up top to navigate, but it was only like 50 feet long, 6" deep with a track already worn in.
  • Taylor was a mutha. I used every piece of armor on my truck multiple times (bumpers, skids, sliders). Boulders everywhere. Not sure i'd do that one solo again. NOTE: they rerouted the creek crossing. It's not as described in the Fun Trek's book. It was still hard, but I heard it is now easier than before (accroding to others I met on the trail).

Long day 9 hours door to door with maybe a total of 15min stopped time.
Sounds like you had some white knuckle action - and you're a local too! Nice work.

Hey, I am in Aspen planning to run the Pearl Pass from Aspen to Crested Butte tomorrow in my 100 on 35" tires and f&r lockers. I have a winch as well and I am solo with 4 little kids.
Any advice? Did it really take 9 hours to go from CB to Aspen? Is it unavailable running solo?
Thanks!

Hey, I am in Aspen planning to run the Pearl Pass from Aspen to Crested Butte tomorrow in my 100 on 35" tires and f&r lockers. I have a winch as well and I am solo with 4 little kids.
Any advice? Did it really take 9 hours to go from CB to Aspen? Is it unavailable running solo?
Thanks!
It took me 4 hours to do Pearl.....Buckhorn Airport to the tarmac on the Aspen side.

Once you start heading up past the Montezuma turnoff, after rhe first switchback there is a section that has slick black rock, and is wet. If you can make it up that, you'll be fine the rest of the way.

I think I only banged a skid once on Pearl. With a bit more attention, I think it could have been none.

I have 34" tires on my truck, for what it's worth.

Just finished running the Pearl Pass from Aspen to CB. The trail climbed abt 2000 ft in the first 3 miles, it was pretty gnarly! Most of the trail is actually moderately rough with lots of bolder fields and narrow shelf roads.
Took us 6 hour with abt 4.5hrs of actual running time. Saw just two dirt bike riders on KTMs otherwise had the whole trail to ourselves.

Just finished running the Pearl Pass from Aspen to CB. The trail climbed abt 2000 ft in the first 3 miles, it was pretty gnarly! Most of the trail is actually moderately rough with lots of bolder fields and narrow shelf roads.
Took us 6 hour with abt 4.5hrs of actual running time. Saw just two dirt bike riders on KTMs otherwise had the whole trail to ourselves.
Seen a bunch of black 200s running around town today.

Hope the kids had fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom