Collier County Janes Dr and Picayune updates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hobbes

SILVER Star
Threads
For those in SWFL, I hit Jane's Scenic Drive and the Picayune last week.

Jane's Scenic drive: Last year when I drove it, there was a closed gate 6 miles into the drive. Only pedestrians and bicycles past that point. It remains that way. I didn't see a ranger I could talk too, but it appears as though the last 8 miles are permanently closed to vehicular traffic. Bummer. The further you got into it, the better it was. Plus there is no way to get to the Picayune from that direction now.

Picayune Strand: Looks pretty much like last year. They are supposed to flood it, but I haven't heard a timeline lately. I've heard they're behind. They do have two massive pumping stations on the canals working in there now, though. Like last year, the Sabal Palm Rd entrance/exit to 951 is gated closed. The southern entrance/exit to 41 is gated closed. The only way in or out that I can find is Everglades Blvd. Being the rainy season (and being alone), I didn't try to push through the water to get to Jane's Scenic Drive via Stewart Blvd. The usual (for this time of year) standing water there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom