Cold Air Intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have a K&N Cold Air intake I installed into my 01 Taco. I've been hearing a variety of responses saying that they are not good, they mess with all your sensors due to oil, or that they suck in dust and your check engine light comes on.. or that if you go through a small puddle you may easily hydrolock your engine. Has anyone had long experience with K&N or anyone know alot that could help me out? Appreciate it.
Cold Air.jpg

My friend down the street is VERY disappointed with his K&N and regrets installing it. His check engine
light is constantly going off and it's due to the sensors getting dirty. He wants to install a snorkel. He will
have to go back to the OEM box. I can always hear him driving by with that throaty sounding engine.

K&N filter = good

ANY cold air intake = waste of money

All listed above is completely true, plus the whole "cold air" is a joke, IMO the name cold air intake would be better suit for a snorkel.

I wouldn't used them when off-roading in a dusty environment. They allow too much stuff to pass through them.

no problems

I have been running a K&N intake on my 06 tacoma for 20,000 miles now (paved, dirt, snow, mud) with no proplems. Improved performance....maybe...but sure sounds good! If I had to do it again I would keep the stock box with a K&N and save some $ or get a snorkel, doesnt cost much more then the intake kit.

I have had that same set up in my 96 tacoma for over 9 years, and have never had an issue with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom