Coilpacked 1FZ-FE and H151F Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’d really like that coil pack system on my 1997. My engine is still in good shape. Just like to modernize the electronics.

@JohnnyOshow22

I have her finished. I just havent had the time to update this thread. check out my instagram feed.

instagram.com/landcruiserheaven

So according to my last post I had installed the engine. These motors come with an immobilizer ecu that I had integrated when I had the engine harness mated from the 105 to my 80 series harness. This became a big headache as the issue was sourcing the correct immobilizer ECU. When I had purchased the complete key set it came with the immobilizer and I installed it. Long story short I ended up sending my engine ECU to remove completely the immobilizer system.

I was then able to get the truck started and after a year and a half I had a driveable truck. But I still had a long way to go.

You mean someone should like offer a turbo kit as a performance upgrade?
For instance. But, not "like offer," but "offer." And do it as an option on an imported, coil pack, VVTI 1FZ-FE.

Quick search shows that one can already get turbo kits.
Turbo kits: T4 T70 Turbo Kit Manifold Downpipe For Land Cruiser J80 1FZFE 1FZ-FE 1FZ
Seems Slee is importing AVO set-ups from Australia and claim to have one for the 80 series, but not offered on-line, and full install only ($7600 on the 100s!). Slee - AVO Turbo Kits
Another kit from Aus: http://axtturbo.com.au/shop/toyota-1fz-fe-80-series-petrol-turbo-hardware-kit/

What are the targets for competitive advantage on the Wit's End turbo package? Will there be an installation option?

Interesting 1800HP 1FZ build that was dumped: Toyota 1FZ Land Cruiser Engine Program 1,800HP+

Hmmmm interesting. Have you tried searching here on Mud for a turbo kit? Maybe there is a thread about it somewhere.

For instance. But, not "like offer," but "offer." And do it as an option on an imported, coil pack, VVTI 1FZ-FE.

Quick search shows that one can already get turbo kits.
Turbo kits: T4 T70 Turbo Kit Manifold Downpipe For Land Cruiser J80 1FZFE 1FZ-FE 1FZ
Seems Slee is importing AVO set-ups from Australia and claim to have one for the 80 series, but not offered on-line, and full install only ($7600 on the 100s!). Slee - AVO Turbo Kits
Another kit from Aus: http://axtturbo.com.au/shop/toyota-1fz-fe-80-series-petrol-turbo-hardware-kit/

What are the targets for competitive advantage on the Wit's End turbo package? Will there be an installation option?

Interesting 1800HP 1FZ build that was dumped: Toyota 1FZ Land Cruiser Engine Program 1,800HP+

Hmmmm interesting. Have you tried searching here on Mud for a turbo kit? Maybe there is a thread about it somewhere.

Uh, yeah, hence my question from the last post:
"What are the targets for competitive advantage on the Wit's End turbo package? Will there be an installation option?"

Why so cagey?

"What are the targets for competitive advantage on the Wit's End turbo package? Will there be an installation option?"

Why so cagey?

Competitive advantage is that it will be full bolt-on and CARB Certified. No need for injectors or new stand alone or piggy back computers. Will it generate 1,000 U-joint tossing-axle twisting-driveshaft spaghetti making horsepower? no.

If you read this thread the VVTI engine which is only 28 extra hp took a year and a half to sort the wiring and immobilizer. Frank at Land Cruiser Heaven can get you the engine if you really want to go that way. It would likely not be emissions legal since the Aussie spec engines didn't have OBDII.

So the competitive advantage with a bolt on turbo kit is you get more hp, it is CARB certified, and it is being produced by a member of the community.

What kind of install option would you want? Would you ship your truck to a single shop in say CA? Or would the company selling the kit need to have partner shops in every state? The kit is as bolt-on as possible and was designed to be done in a home garage.

Why so cagey?

What kind of install option would you want? Would you ship your truck to a single shop in say CA? Or would the company selling the kit need to have partner shops in every state? The kit is as bolt-on as possible and was designed to be done in a home garage.
I'd love to have time to wrench more, but with young kids and a bunch of outdoor hobbies, there are too many other priorities. It would be cool if you could partner with a shop, or three, that have expertise in rebuilding and mod'ing 1FZ-FE engines so high mileage customers could do one-stop shopping. Boise would be ideal, but a shop in Norcal, Socal, Colorado or Oregon would for a lot of road-trippers like me.

Reading all this it would have been so much easier to buy a Haltech Elite 2500 with plug and play kit for the 80. Then use Map instead of Maf, pin out the additional loom for COP remove the Toyota Throttle body and install a DBW throttle body and pedal. Then you also get added Cruise control by just adding the cruise control lever from a Tacoma or something similar at the reckers.
Done and working primarily with all stock wiring even the dual tank setup does transfer.

Further advantages is it has long term learning and as your maps mature you commit changes and it keeps learning. Guys are posting impressive fuel numbers.

If you want to turbo add it and add your boost controller then have fun.

the auto guys I think you have the A343 box and has electronic line pressure control. Basically similar to the A340 which is also supported on the Haltech but you will need to wire it separately.
So use your stock 80 and add modern amenities and enjoy it as it just became better without requiring everything.
O yes and a fully configured startup map is available with the purchase or downloadable from Haltech web site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom