COA4WDCi Meeting This Weekend. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Probably be lots of discussion on the PIke San Isabel draft environmental impact study (DEIS). If you think it doesn’t affect you, you’d be wrong. Come on out and join the meeting. Hope to see you there.
3EA2CF13-426B-4AB1-9CB6-A9FE46384563.jpeg

Reactions: SAS
This was a good meeting with a larger turnout (versus summer meeting).

Big agenda items:
a. Change organization name from "Colorado Association of 4WD Clubs" to "Colorado 4WD Association"
1. appeal to broader potential member base [individuals and unincorporated groups, e.g. social media (SM) page groups]
2. expand to include UTV (50+ inches wide) individuals, clubs, SM organizations

b. Change association meetings from quarterly to an annual "convention" or "conference"
1. host at "destination" type location in late winter/early spring, something appealing for family and "after meeting" social time
2. include vendor show and raffle/door prizes
3. next-day short business brunch to vote on annual agenda items
4. Regions/districts could still hold monthly/quarterly meetings if desired (example: to coordinate events like Toys for Tots, etc.)

About the Pike/San Isabel: I've posted it on other threads in the past month; this is big (literally and figuratively)--hundreds of pages of text, hundreds of pages of spreadsheets, dozens of maps and map variations (due to five "alternatives" or courses of action).

My suggestion to keep it as simple as possible: Go to the CORE (Colorado Off Road Enterprise) website, or their YouTube channel (keeptrailsopen) and view the 10-15 minute videos which dissect the big picture into smaller segments, with explanations and suggestions of how to provide written comment to the Forest Service.

Near and dear to us (in Springs/Teller County) will be a new video coming on/about 1-2 November SPECIFICALLY about "The Gulches".

Last edited:
And it's always a good day when I get to visit Well Sorted Automotive and see their projects!

20191026_165902.jpg

20191026_165916.jpg

20191026_170046.jpg

Nice report and thanks for your efforts guys! :beer::beer:

Reactions: SAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom