CO bunny slopes... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

corn man

SILVER Star
Threads
image-5198597.jpg

Was in CO and got a bunny slope trail in.

image-817727536.jpg

Bought the Colorado Backroads & 4 Wheel Drive Trails Book and gave it a shot. This was Switzerland Trail NW of Boulder. Was planning on doing Old Fall River Road in Rocky Mtn National Park but it was closed b/c of the floods. Ranger said it may not be open next year. Also wanted to try Pole Hill and others in the area but the floods washed out the main roads to you couldn't get there.

Just thought I would share...pretty lonely on this board lately...

image-5198597.jpg

image-817727536.jpg

At least it wasn't paved... Looks like a beautiful drive. That is one of my favorite areas in Colorado.

Moab: Agreed. It was a beautiful drive and definitely something we don't get to do here in NE. BTW: I saw you were interested in the window runs (for some reason I am subscribed to that thread). I did both my fronts and back this summer, so let me know if you have any Q's on installation...AC

I've got fronts on the way. Thanks for the offer. Did you use the instructional thread from here on ih8mud when you did yours?

Yes I did. I actually used a speaker install thread as a how to get to them, and another thread for rest. It was pretty easy for me, but for others it's been a pain.

Oh and I would definitely look At the thread about "leveling" the window while in there as the new channels didn't cure all the rattles when windows were down...

Thanks for the tips. Got them in. Easy project and great results! Windows go up much faster and it cut the wind noise down too.

On to the next projects... Can't find the name of the place in Lincoln you said would fix the wear on the seats. Do you happen to remember it?

http://www.fibrenew.com/lincoln/

Above to repair...

I have used McVickers upholstery in Lincoln to replace sections with good results when leather was too far gone to repair. Also have used Sky's in Fremont when I had a bug convertible's top that needed replaced.

Thanks. Looks like it is too far gone for the Fibrenew guys. I'll try for getting that section replaced instead.

It's official - finally have an appointment at Slee for gears and lockers on 1/15!

Going to try 'Two men and a shop' for an oil leak repair tomorrow. They came recommended for Toyotas by our mechanic here at work. I'll let folks know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom