SOLD CO: ‘83 2F, 4-spd,xfercase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings,
I have the above combo from my 60, as I’ve pulled it for a conversion. Sadly, in my haste to get going on the project I did not run compression numbers. So, I’ll tell what I know of it, and will call it a good running builder.

I’ve had the truck for about 15 years and in that time put about 20k miles on it. It now has about 227k. I know nothing about the fitst 200k - I just drove it and did basic maintenance. I know of no major faults, but as I said I cannot verify that there are none. It always started and ran and that served my purpose of a vehicle to explore in, haul firewood, and had a snowplow on it for several years.

It has had a weepy rear main forever, as well as a leaky ps box so it is good and greezy. It has always shifted fine, no issues with xfer case either. I will include a bunch of related stuff with it: carb fan, coil, airbox, front driveshaft and flanges (
the ones on there are for your buddy’s FZJ7x), various bits for vaccuum switches and such, alt., and a box of new tune up stuff: 3 belts, 2 hoses, plug wires, oem rear main seal(go figure) and maybe a few other things… gotta dig out that box to see what else was in there.

It was smogged at some point and I don’t really know what that totally excludes but perhaps the pix will show some detail of that.

I’d like to see $1200 for the whole enchilada and can help hoist it into a truck or trailer. I’d also be open to splitting off the tranny/xfer case ( but don’t really want to separate those two.

This set up could be plunked in your rig while you are doing some fancy rebuild on similar, or torn down to replace that shaggy get up that is in there now - lots of value, I think if you are squirreling away LC parts like everyone else!

Cheers, Pete
175E3F1D-A5F0-47F1-8FB7-3A3D46EEAA3A.jpeg
34B540F3-BFDB-41DC-8140-B863684BA0EC.jpeg
A65AD389-0C74-4A9A-96D4-9D6DE1794311.jpeg
A65AD389-0C74-4A9A-96D4-9D6DE1794311.jpeg

BF71C316-812E-4D13-8EDB-5D079B1B5E2D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom