Clunk in rear end (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So im hoping someone has an idea here, ever since installing the new rear suspension there has been a thump over higher speed impacts. It only seems to happend when both wheels go over a bump at the same time. At skow speeds its perfectly smooth, i can flex each side out completely with no binding or thumping. Cant find anything loose, all linkages are new with new bushings, shocks brand new fox 2.0 tuned by accutune, brake lines are extended 4 inches, swaybar links are extended to match, bumpstops are spaced correctly....cant find anything wrong visually.

Accutune say the flutter stack valving should be fairly smooth

So im hoping someone has an idea here, ever since installing the new rear suspension there has been a thump over higher speed impacts. It only seems to happend when both wheels go over a bump at the same time. At skow speeds its perfectly smooth, i can flex each side out completely with no binding or thumping. Cant find anything loose, all linkages are new with new bushings, shocks brand new fox 2.0 tuned by accutune, brake lines are extended 4 inches, swaybar links are extended to match, bumpstops are spaced correctly....cant find anything wrong visually.

Accutune say the flutter stack valving should be fairly smooth
Angles are ok at static ride hieght as the upper arms adjustable

Have you checked your drive shaft angle to make sure they match at both ends? Could the driveshaft be binding up at the slip yoke?

Have you checked your drive shaft angle to make sure they match at both ends? Could the driveshaft be binding up at the slip yoke?
Double checked unijoints all look fine, i took it for another run down the beach the noise is more prominent over fast chopped up bumps for example a certain sand dune i went up a sand dune which had washboard ground inthe tracks, it was like the minute i stepped on the throttle it started but if i just slowly rolled over it everything was fine

Local suspension shop was measuring up for limit straps today and found both adjustments on upper arms and the panhard were loose, also one sway bar link sounds like its knocking and they also commented that as the fox shocks use bearings not bushings there will be a lot of noise and vibration through those

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom