Clubhouse Name Inquiry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bagochips76

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.overlandcruisersmt.com
Hey Everybody!

As you may know, we now have an established TLCA chapter here in Montana, "406 Cruisers." In order to stay consistent with the club name, the question has arisen as to what our clubhouse presence on 'mud should be. There are two options:

1. Start a new "406 Cruisers" clubhouse
2. Change the name of "Big Sky Cruisers" clubhouse to "406 Cruisers."

Nobody wants to step on anyone else's toes or make anyone upset. With that said, this thread is being started to find out if anyone has any objections to changing the name of the "Big Sky Cruisers" clubhouse to "406 Cruisers."

I have reached out to @woody with 'mud to ask how to proceed. He advised that I should reach out to who started the clubhouse. I have done so, but have not received a response.

So, if you have objections, please post up and let me know. If you prefer to PM me so as to not post publicly, I assure you that your identity will remain anonymous. If there are objections, we will create a new clubhouse so that "406 Cruisers" will have a specific place on 'mud.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Stephen

Seems silly to have two separate things that represent the same small population of people. Maybe there's a way to change the name to still make reference to Big Sky Cruisers so there are no hard feelings.

Hey fellas....please post up regarding this issue. I see a lot of you have looked at it but have not responded. We really want to make sure that we move forward with the best solution.

Thanks!

Big Sky Cruisers section in the clubhouse was set up by Woody when asked by Clay, goes by Cletus, back in 2009. It doesn't matter to me if it is 406 Cruisers or left Big Sky Cruisers.
My guess is that 75-85% of active members in 406 cruisers will be from the Bozeman area. I still need to send my info to 80 sack.
Changing this to 406 cruisers is more like having it for the Bozeman area. What happens if or when something gets started in the Kallispell area?
It is just a geographical issue with our state.
just my opinion.
Paul

This is a head scratcher...I see both sides and am currently sitting directly in the middle of the fence on this one. But it would still be nice to have the state consolidated under one name. It's a big state, but still a smallish population. Any other thoughts?

The more I think about this, I have to agree with 3puppies. I tend to think in the long run, several chapters across the state will pop up and this will make more sense. Of course, anyone could post on both.

As a newbie to MT I like 406 Cruisers. Being that I'm in Great Falls, It covers the state as a whole and takes up less characters on stickers/patches. If more localized chapters within the state happen to be established they can create a more personalized title for their specific local. ...so, when can I get some stickers! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom