CLT-ish Shop Rec - unpin a bashed in door on an 80 crawler? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A buddy at work who I hope will be an ONSC-er soon, seems to have gotten into some altercation with large magnetic boulders that somehow pulled him over... and is looking for a club recommendation on what shop might can handle this

Basically the driver rear door is pinned shut. door is intact,

We’re looking for recommendations on someone that can figure out the locking mechanism without cutting the door off.

typically the in town recs for LC stuff is H&h or Toyota techs, but given this involved damage I wanted to get some 80series and overlanding advice and local insights from the crew.

Also open to non-clt recs but would first like to explore clt-ish area before logistics get too complex.

Take the driver seat out of the way, get the inside door panel off and start to dig in it. Normally there is a rod that if it bends 1mm the door gets completely shot. I hope this helps a bit.

I think I have a driver rear door In the stash if it comes down to it

Take the driver seat out of the way, get the inside door panel off and start to dig in it. Normally there is a rod that if it bends 1mm the door gets completely shot. I hope this helps a bit.
Excellent advice, thanks @Roxx !

I think I have a driver rear door In the stash if it comes down to it
Booyah the cruiser karma runs strong! Hopefully we can get this one operable but a replacement might be in order, it’s fairly bashed. Will report back.

If it’s a crawler, paint shouldn’t be an issue. Either use a pry bar and hammer to massage the door into place, or cut it and slap a different one one. I just got this one open using that method.
A95E9F5F-0EF8-4EB1-82F1-9D96DD549F6B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom