"Climate control system error" in 2020 200-series - Please help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

I have a 2020 200-series, and just installed a Naviplus CarPlay unit. Did the work myself, and thought I had everything put back correctly and without breaking anything, but now my climate control doesn't work. When I press the Climate button I get the message shown on the screen in the picture below. Also, none of the climate control buttons on the dash work either now. Other interesting thing is that the outside temperature display shows the temp sometimes, and sometimes it disappears. Any thoughts or recommendations for troubleshooting would be very much appreciated, before I go ahead and rip the dash apart again (or cave and just take it to the dealership).

Thanks!

Screen error message:
climate_error.jpg

And for reference, this was what I had to do to install the CarPlay unit:
dash_removed.jpg

I'm not sure if a dealership would be much help. They'll probably just change you hourly rate to rip it all out.

Just curious, did you start the rig and test before you put it all back together (after you installed the unit)?

I'm not sure if a dealership would be much help. They'll probably just change you hourly rate to rip it all out.

Just curious, did you start the rig and test before you put it all back together (after you installed the unit)?
Honestly, no, I didn't... It just didn't occur to me at the time, and I was totally focused on the functionality of the audio system and wasn't thinking about messing up the climate controls.

Could be as simple as a connection you forgot to plug in.
I think you're best bet is to rip it open again unless you just want to throw money at it...

Worst case, you put it all back to stock and take it in for warranty repair 🤣

Last edited:
Could be as simple as a connection you forgot to plug in.
I think you're best bet is to rip it open again unless you just want to throw money at it...

Worst case, you put it all back to stock and take it in for warranty repair
I agree or a loose connector if the temp display work intermittent.

Well you just talk me out of getting one, will be following this... Best of luck to you and hopefully is a loose or disconnected wire

Well you just talk me out of getting one, will be following this... Best of luck to you and hopefully is a loose or disconnected wire
I'm still hopeful that this is just due to an easily correctible mistake that I may have mad. As for the Naviplus unit itself, it seems to work great.

I also emailed the same error message picture to Naviplus, and they responded promptly and asked me to send them a video showing the dip switch settings and the wiring connections between the components. Hopefully I'll be able to do all of that soon, and if I'm lucky maybe just going through those steps will resolve the issue.

UPDATE: Resolved!
Turns out the issue was just a loose wire in the wiring harness that connects between the Naviplus unit and the head unit. See picture below. Also, I would like to give a shout-out to Naviplus for their customer support. They were very responsive in helping me get this figured out, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone.
IMG_5655.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom