Cleveland Rocks?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you fly Delta?

You probably dealt with me and my planes in some capacity if you did.....

Hell, you might have even talked with me and not known it...

;)

Slight update,
Put an offer on a house in chardon, thye have 2 days to respond. 4.8 acres with a detached 3 car garage ........ I am happy.
Dave

I know Chardon that is the location of my business, nice town you know it snows in Chardon right. Last year it was only 155" +- a few depending on the location. The roads out here eat Toyotas if I listen close I can hear my 60 rusting. Good Luck on the house

Yeah beno I flew delta, it was two weeks ago, had an engine fail while on the runway, got puleld back to the termeinal and waited 5 hours for them to bring in another plane, nothing like a 14 hour trip home to arrive at 03 30 local time.

Yeah I know it snows, I will not be driving the 40 in winter, I am selling my 92 80 series and hopefully picking up a older quad cab taco.
Dave

Yeah beno I flew delta, it was two weeks ago, had an engine fail while on the runway, got puleld back to the termeinal and waited 5 hours for them to bring in another plane, nothing like a 14 hour trip home to arrive at 03 30 local time.

You should have said Hi.....I was there that day. The MD90's are a pain in the butt. You were on the direct 430p departure to SLC, right?

My apologies.

;)

Yup was I.
Were you working the gate?? if so I met you at your worst and was still pleased. I skipped on the gate they brought us back to and went down two gates and found someone else to help. Nice guy but the black trench coat was a little weird.
Dave.

Yup was I.
Were you working the gate?? if so I met you at your worst and was still pleased. I skipped on the gate they brought us back to and went down two gates and found someone else to help. Nice guy but the black trench coat was a little weird.
Dave.

That's Scottie....yeah, he's a bit weird but a real good agent....he'll bend over backwards to help ya out.

I was indeed working the gate on that flight...I was the other short guy with glasses and no hair...

Where's the house in Chardon? My family moved to a house on Stonegate Dr, off of Wilson Mills, up from North Central Ohio about 14 years ago when I was a Junior in High School. They still live there. They're not kidding about the snow in Chardon. When the rest of Cleveland gets a couple inches, my parents get at least a foot.

Slight Hijack: I've been thinking about moving back to the Cleveland area recently. Chagrin Falls is cool, but it's a little too close to my parents house for my tastes. Are there any comparable communities on the west side?

Where's the house in Chardon? My family moved to a house on Stonegate Dr, off of Wilson Mills, up from North Central Ohio about 14 years ago when I was a Junior in High School. They still live there. They're not kidding about the snow in Chardon. When the rest of Cleveland gets a couple inches, my parents get at least a foot.

Slight Hijack: I've been thinking about moving back to the Cleveland area recently. Chagrin Falls is cool, but it's a little too close to my parents house for my tastes. Are there any comparable communities on the west side?

Nothing Like it on the West Side, I should know I grew up on the West Side Rocky River to be exact. As long as you are 20min. away from the parents I think you are safe. I am 15min. away from mine and that is close enough.

Nothing Like it on the West Side, I should know I grew up on the West Side Rocky River to be exact. As long as you are 20min. away from the parents I think you are safe. I am 15min. away from mine and that is close enough.

I see you haven't met my parents. I'm 6-7 hours away right now, and that seems about right. :D

Well its official, they accpeted our counter offer, the house was built in 99 but needs to have all the carpet replaced and be reapainted, I could do it but do not know honestly if I will have time to do it, probably hire it out. The wifey wants all hardwoods in teh main level and carpet upstairs. The house is I htink on a culdesac road called Tanager?? It is off of woodlin near big creek park. I am stoked, The three car detached garage is looking nice, and FWIW we got the house quite a bit under what it was listed for.

I wish I would have known you worked for delta beno, I could have pumped you for the first class upgrade.......
Looks like we close on may 15th, should take a week or two to put in new floors and paint. Anyone know a good flooring contractor or a painting contractor in the area?? I hate to rely on my realtor for this one.
Dave

Well its official, they accpeted our counter offer, the house was built in 99 but needs to have all the carpet replaced and be reapainted, I could do it but do not know honestly if I will have time to do it, probably hire it out. The wifey wants all hardwoods in teh main level and carpet upstairs. The house is I htink on a culdesac road called Tanager?? It is off of woodlin near big creek park. I am stoked, The three car detached garage is looking nice, and FWIW we got the house quite a bit under what it was listed for.

I wish I would have known you worked for delta beno, I could have pumped you for the first class upgrade.......
Looks like we close on may 15th, should take a week or two to put in new floors and paint. Anyone know a good flooring contractor or a painting contractor in the area?? I hate to rely on my realtor for this one.
Dave[/QUOTE

Pm sent on the painter his crew painted the entire inside of my home; I will also include another good paint that I have used on the old house. Lots of Amish in the area, so it depends on how you want to do the floors you can buy the wood from the mill and find a contractor to install/finish or go the pre-finished route. I bought my own wood and had an Amish crew finish the job. Welcome to Chardon I do believe I know the area of your new home, I pass by it on the way home.

Well -F- me running.
Just got back the inspection report,
the well is to small, the foudation leaks and has mold and it looks like they never bothered to permit the garage properly, the joists bounce in the attic above the garage.
Oh well, looks like around 6k in rprs to the house and the garage is a no go, Due to corporate relo standards we could buy it but without corporate backing, but if we relocate and can not sell in time they will not buy us out.

Long and short looks like I am going to be in cleveland the weekend after easter......
Dave

That sucks man. Did you have any other houses in the running before you put this offer in?

Had some other places but none with the garage of doom.
Back to the search, wondering if we shoudl be looking more in the south now or not.....
Dave

Had some other places but none with the garage of doom.
Back to the search, wondering if we shoudl be looking more in the south now or not.....
Dave

I would not go South if your other half will commute to Cleveland, the drive will be long. It is hard to beat the east side area, schools quality of life etc.

Good Luck!

I should be more clear was thinking more in the chagrin area, I found a few homes around bass lake and in south russel, Not That far south. I can't get out till the week after easter so I will have to see how it goes. The wife is the one who is picky on the houses so she gets to search.
Dave

So a little update,
Wifey is in Mayfeild now, actually she flies out on monday morning and flies home fri night. She just looked at a house just east of auburn proper, 3 acres 3 car garage and lots o trees. She gets the second walk through tomorrow.
So how long of a drive is it from auburn to Kirk's shop again????
I am in Tampa for work training next week but we will see how this all shakes down.
Dave

So a little update,
Wifey is in Mayfeild now, actually she flies out on monday morning and flies home fri night. She just looked at a house just east of auburn proper, 3 acres 3 car garage and lots o trees. She gets the second walk through tomorrow.
So how long of a drive is it from auburn to Kirk's shop again????
I am in Tampa for work training next week but we will see how this all shakes down.
Dave

1 hour is the traffic isn't bad. Add .5 hour if it is. Kirk's shop is in South Akron off of I-77S.

Does Kirk know you're coming?

:flipoff2: ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom