Clear ABS DTC Memory (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please can someone advise how to reset the DTC memory, specifically for ABS. I can't seem to find something and it may just be because I can't word the search correctly...

I have a 2003 Sahara and got the error codes my shorting 4 and 13 of the connector in the drivers foot well.

I'd like to clear the errors and see what is still there after a couple days driving before I start troubleshooting everything. I have things like "49 Stop Light Bulb" which all seem to be working, so I'd like to narrow the list down.

Thanks.

Can't say for sure on a 2003 model, but to clear the codes in a 2000 model the FSM says...

(1) Using SST, connect terminals Tc and E1 of DLC1.
SST 09843−18020
(2) Turn the ignition switch ON.
(3) Clear the DTC stored in ECU by depressing the brake pedal 8 or more times within 5 sec.
(4) Check that the warning light shows the normal code.
(5) Remove the SST from the terminals of DLC1.

The SST referenced can be replaced by using a simple jumper wire. Maybe use some of the above wording and look for a post referencing a newer model to confirm.

The procedure is almost the same from the 04 FSM.
ABS DTC Reset.jpg

Thanks guys, will give that a try tonight.

Didn't seem to work unfortunately.

Iirc I've also seen this procedure written up as 8+ pushes in less than 3 seconds (same as AHC fault code clearing) and if that's not it then it suggests you have a hard fault that resets immediately.

I have a 2003 Sahara and got the error codes my shorting 4 and 13 of the connector in the drivers foot well.

Finally noticed your mention of the connection in the foot well. Probably should have asked - does your model have the DLC1 connector under the hood? If not then my advice was worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom