Choccolocco March 12th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeddyBoy

Knighted by the King of MUD himself
Threads
Website
www.novatelco.com
Pretty sure that's what everyone decided right?

Generally the plan has been to head out Fri evening and wheel Saturday with the option of spending Sat night.

I'm in. I don't have a preference on destination. I'll probably camp Fri and Sat nights if I have company.

Im in...

bumpity - sounds Like we're gonna have a good group. I have spies everywhere and it's rumored that Sidney is gonna have a few new tricks up his sleeve for this one, gotta show up to find out fo sho.

Right now we have:

Me
John
Rocky
Sidney
Nick
Mike - New guy from last meeting

We always have open seats for those with more stock trucks if ya wanna tag along.

Last edited:
Bump - Looking like about 9-10 rigs.

head count is now:
Me
John
Rocky
Sidney
Nick
Mike - New guy from last meeting
Randy + wife
Tony
Tom Greg +2 rigs

Got room for another rig?

Got room for another rig?

Yeah but ya better bring you "A" game for this un, gonna be a good group. We're pealing outta here around noon Friday and my trailer is stayin home for this one. :bang::wrench::wrench::wrench::bang:

@tgreco, get your crap done already would ya!

I think I'll have the truck finished.

@TeddyBoy who all is leaving at noon on Friday? I have gotten roped into coaching my boy's soccer team and our first practice is Saturday. I'm thinking about coming over early on Friday if others are going to be there and plan to wheel. I'll then leave for home first thing Saturday morning.

I think I'll have the truck finished.

@TeddyBoy who all is leaving at noon on Friday? I have gotten roped into coaching my boy's soccer team and our first practice is Saturday. I'm thinking about coming over early on Friday if others are going to be there and plan to wheel. I'll then leave for home first thing Saturday morning.

can't say for sure but I know me, John and Nick are planning on the noon-ish departure, don't know about anyone else. That said, I owe you a favor and since my trailer is empty I was gonna offer to drag your junk out there (and back) if we can coordinate schedules. We'd have to meet up along the top of 285 or something but the offer stands.

can't say for sure but I know me, John and Nick are planning on the noon-ish departure, don't know about anyone else. That said, I owe you a favor and since my trailer is empty I was gonna offer to drag your junk out there (and back) if we can coordinate schedules. We'd have to meet up along the top of 285 or something but the offer stands.

Thats a sweet deal right there...

BTW,
I hope the crazy weathermen are wrong with their forecasts....

Thats a sweet deal right there...

BTW,
I hope the crazy weathermen are wrong with their forecasts....

You're right - a very gracious offer and way more than is required based upon the initial favor.

@AuburnFJsexy - are you going to be down for some Friday afternoon/evening wheeling? If I come, I'll have to leave first thing Saturday morning, but I can make it over there about the same time that you all are planning on arriving on Friday.

Just trying to gage interest which will determine the degree of late-night wrenching I have to do this week.

'bout what time will y'all be getting there?

looks like it's going to take me about 3.5 to 4 hrs depending on traffic.

'bout what time will y'all be getting there?

looks like it's going to take me about 3.5 to 4 hrs depending on traffic.

I suspect somewhere around 2:00 CST if we get out on time, maybe earlier.

For those coming in from the east on I-20, do you exit for AL9 or AL21? It looks like AL9 is more direct, but slightly more tenuous than going AL21. I am going to rent a uhaul trailer and tow over, if this makes any difference.

My plan is to arrive around 2 as well and try and convince everybody to hit the trails that afternoon/early evening.

For those coming in from the east on I-20, do you exit for AL9 or AL21? It looks like AL9 is more direct, but slightly more tenuous than going AL21. I am going to rent a uhaul trailer and tow over, if this makes any difference.

My plan is to arrive around 2 as well and try and convince everybody to hit the trails that afternoon/early evening.

DO NOT take AL9, it will take you over the hilliest, tightest, little curvy road in Alabama, ask me know I know. In fact Adam met his thick girl friend at the end of it one day.

we normally take I-20 to AL 21 (exit 185) through Anniston, nice and flat but it does go through town so you gotta deal with a few stop lights. I took Exit 184 last time and on paper it looks better but there's a pretty good hill for the trailer pullers that you'd probably rather avoid.

If you've never been there it's kinda weird getting to the park. You actually have to go through a neighborhood so don't freak out if you think you're lost or your GPS is going nuts..

DO NOT take AL9, it will take you over the hilliest, tightest, little curvy road in Alabama, ask me know I know. In fact Adam met his thick girl friend at the end of it one day.

we normally take I-20 to AL 21 (exit 185) through Anniston, nice and flat but it does go through town so you gotta deal with a few stop lights. I took Exit 184 last time and on paper it looks better but there's a pretty good hill for the trailer pullers that you'd probably rather avoid.

If you've never been there it's kinda weird getting to the park. You actually have to go through a neighborhood so don't freak out if you think you're lost or your GPS is going nuts..

Thanks for the intel Ted. It kind of looked that way on the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom